• Answers 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Guest Stuge

Hey guys,

Play.com have a release date of 30th April with a price tag of �249, a saving of �34 on the Amazon price.

I just cancelled my Amazon order and re-ordered from Play.com

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronic...tml?source=9316

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. It's coming!!!!!!

44 days and counting :lol:

so ,did you lost any amount due to canceling of the order from amazon ?

so ,did you lost any amount due to canceling of the order from amazon ?
No nothing at all. They dont charge the card until the goods are dispatched and you always have the option of

cancelling an order before it's gone through the dispatch process anyway, no fees incurred at all.

But worryingly, I just got an email through from Amazon, saying:

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier,

and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

"Sony Walkman NWZX1060B X Series with 32GB" [Electronics]

Estimated arrival date: 12/05/09 - 13/05/09

Last update was for a release date of 10th May, so if Sony have delayed that by another couple of days, then how come Play.com is listing the release date as April 30th? What's going on???

You people are fast! I just got the notification from play.com, wanted to post about it, and..too late.

Good for you Juli, 34BP is a nice evening in town.

But I doubt it will make any difference on the delivery date; the way I see it, there is literally a box of the players coming to the UK; there it gets distributed among dealers, they help their customers, so it is all the same deliverance from the Far East.

I don't understand what's going on! The 30th is just thirteen days away!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's weird that there have been 3 changes of date in the past few hours, once on Amazon and twice at Play.com.

Now I'm more confused than ever :mellow:

hey all, im new! just wanna say hello and i have a burning question to ask about the x series...

Will it support gapless playback between songs? this is my main gripe with my walkman now...and i wondered if anyone knew whether or not it supported gapless? if it does, this is as close the ultimate MP3 player i have in mind as possible..if not...i shall be VERY upset

hey all, im new! just wanna say hello and i have a burning question to ask about the x series...

Will it support gapless playback between songs? this is my main gripe with my walkman now...and i wondered if anyone knew whether or not it supported gapless? if it does, this is as close the ultimate MP3 player i have in mind as possible..if not...i shall be VERY upset

No, it won't support gapless playback, at least not from the specs I've seen. But with 32GB available, it's enough room for me to be able to put at least 10 albums on in WAV, and still leave enough room for everything else I want on it, with around 5GB to spare. So the lack of gapless doesn't bother me because I can just get round it that way. I just thank the Sony God it can play WAV! :lol:

A|ll things will come to she who waits.....hahaha, another description of that indescribable horrible word.

PATIENCE!

Clearly, there is a shipload of the things on the way to Europe from the manifacturing plants in Far East through some distribution point, communications between Sony HQ, the factory, various invalved logistic departments (don't get me started on this, traumatic experiences from a previous life), the transporter, customs etc. is traditonally less then perfect.

Soon little grasshopper, soon...

Well the ipod touch is going to have A2DP built in soon. So the value proposition of this X-series just decreased...typical Sony always on the backfoot.

the NWZA829B here in canada has it built in and even if I bought the player, for capacity only, I wouldn't even use the bluetooth option, since it is just re-encoding lossy music, and this results in more loss of quality. So bluetooth is overrated. besides the bluetooth adapter that plugs in via the WM port will work on the X series but I don't think many people wanted bluetooth, otherwise it would be offered.

For me it is primarily a music player, living in my pocket.

Value to me is sound quality, build quality, memory size and batterylife.

Couldn't care less about other things, like wireless, touchscreen, the possibility to watch video (got a tv, monitor and netbook for that) etc.

No, it won't support gapless playback, at least not from the specs I've seen. But with 32GB available, it's enough room for me to be able to put at least 10 albums on in WAV, and still leave enough room for everything else I want on it, with around 5GB to spare. So the lack of gapless doesn't bother me because I can just get round it that way. I just thank the Sony God it can play WAV! :lol:

NOOOOO! which specs have you seen? ive only seen the hong kong sony site...well i suppose i can wait untill futher information, or perhaps get an ipod touch (if that has gapless),as much as i want to get the sony...

by '10 albums in WAV' do you mean that that you convert the whole album to one song, so there are no gaps at all?

thats just ruined my day :angry:

by '10 albums in WAV' do you mean that that you convert the

whole album to one song, so there are no gaps at all?

No!!! It doesn't come out as one song. You just rip the CD in WAV, transfer the tracks to the Sony - and you'll get all the individual tracks played back exactly as the CD, without gaps. But you'll still be able to select separate tracks :)

The specs I've seen are from the 'journaldegeek' site (think there's a link in this thread a few pages back) - but supported audio formats seem to the usual suspects we've seen on previous Sony's, so no change that I can see :(

Guest Stuge

Hi - Can anyone tell me if this player will have a play count facility - this is a very important feature for me! If not does the S9 have it?

you mean how many times a song has been played by the user ?

Contacted Advanced MP3 players about pre-order details. This is the reply.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your email. I'm afraid that Sony have not yet released an arrival date for this new player; although we will indeed be carrying it when available. The only thing I can think to suggest would be to keep an eye on our news section as information will be posted there when received.

Kind Regards,

Elliot Holmes (Advanced MP3 Players)

Guest Stuge

Yes thats exactly what I mean, anyone have an answer?

Well Gav,you will have to wait ,since ,player isn't available ,so as the manual to check it .whether this feature is present or no .

This is going to be the longest wait for a birthday pressie ever..... Going give it till Mid April and then start maybe looking for alternatives... Just a properly confirmed date would be nice. Would also love someone to get their hands on one and review it, so all these questions can be properly answered.

bad news as always from sony. info on fcc now mentions

date available

05/06/2009 for external photos, schematics, internal photos and manual, so it looks like the may 10th date seems to be legit.

if things go like this and sony retains the prices at 299 and 399, then I might opt for a cowon.

date available

05/06/2009 for external photos, schematics, internal photos and manual, so it looks like the may 10th date seems to be legit.

if things go like this and sony retains the prices at 299 and 399, then I might opt for a cowon.

Ascariss, did you mean to use the US date format above? Or is it the UK format which means 5th June? Sorry if the answers's obvious, but I am so totally confused now about the dates, I can't think straight :huh:

Guest Stuge

The x-series is available at the Swedish SonyStyle. The specifications are a bit odd though.. says 60 hours battery life for music and 16 hours for video but it also says, at the top of the page, 40 hours video. ?!?!?

https://www.sonystyle.se/SonyStyle/MP3-WALK...o/NWZX1060B.CE7

It's nothing new ,Sony sites quoting wrong information .

I told you quite a while back to go with Cowon :lol:

date available

where ? :blink:

link please .:D

Well, I shouldn't really be saying but as it's near release, what I do know officially about the X-series Walkman for the UK is:-

1) Trade Price for UK stores will be £178 for the 16GB and £235 for the 32GB.

2) The official launch for Sony Style and Sony Centre stores is expected in mid April. Mid/End May for other retail outlets.

3) It will have 30 hours music and 8 hours video playback on one full charge. Features FM Radio, Podcast download function, WiFi...

4) A premium leather case officially licensed for the X-series Walkman made by company called Proporta (looks a bit like the one Sony made for the NWZ-A820-series) as its main accessory coming in Black, Brown, Mulberry and Teal colours.

5) Unit only comes in Black in UK... (For now?)

Regards,

Shanie.

Well, I shouldn't really be saying but as it's near release, what I do know officially about the X-series Walkman for the UK is:-

1) Trade Price for UK stores will be £178 for the 16GB and £235 for the 32GB.

2) The official launch for Sony Style and Sony Centre stores is expected in mid April. Mid/End May for other retail outlets.

3) It will have 30 hours music and 8 hours video playback on one full charge. Features FM Radio, Podcast download function, WiFi...

4) A premium leather case officially licensed for the X-series Walkman made by company called Proporta (looks a bit like the one Sony made for the NWZ-A820-series) as its main accessory coming in Black, Brown, Mulberry and Teal colours.

5) Unit only comes in Black in UK... (For now?)

Regards,

Shanie.

Thanks for the heads up Shanie...what's your source?

Guest Stuge

stuge, the information is from the FCC website, may 5th is the date that the documents become available for public viewing.

ok ,thanks I will try to search that site again .

@ShanieAIBO: Welcome to Sony insider :)

Hi ShanieAIBO ! Welcome too from me to the forum. Most of the regulars here are Sony fans - desparate to get our hands on what sounds like a superb new gadget!! £235 is actually a bit less than some people were speculating - I'm personally very very interested in the wifi side of things - what will the browser allow us to do re downloading/streaming/saving etc etc

You said the Proporta case is similar to Sony's for the 820. (Presume you mean the leather one?) I've got a Sony case for my 829 - not 100% happy with it!!!! The "backplate" thingie which the 829 clips onto is a bit cumbersome (IMHO) and I dont like the closure being one of those "magnetic" ones (again IMHO) I've got an 808 which is in a Noreve leather case - the unit is held in "on all sides" and a proper clip/fastener - I'll probably hold out for a Noreve case for my X1060.

Regards.