Car Head Unit Controll Over Hi-MD.

Rate this topic

dalacrmx

Hi Every body in this comunity (sorry for my bad writing English is not my lenguage) but enyway i wonder if enybody knows if sony i planning in developing a interfase between a Sony car head unit and a MD it could be realy good because the cuality and you can hide away the MD and be controled by the head unit.

Any way a want to pay my respects to the people tha mantain this web site because it is realy usefull!!! :good: al the information and the service that they provide so RESPECT to you All!!! :drinks:

David Licon

:beach: Somewhere in the Mexican Jungle!!! :beach:

Hi Every body in this comunity (sorry for my bad writing English is not my lenguage) but enyway i wonder if enybody knows if sony i planning in developing a interfase between a Sony car head unit and a MD it could be realy good because the cuality and you can hide away the MD and be controled by the head unit.

Any way a want to pay my respects to the people tha mantain this web site because it is realy usefull!!! :good: al the information and the service that they provide so RESPECT to you All!!! :drinks:

David Licon

:beach: Somewhere in the Mexican Jungle!!! :beach:

Sony Just released an announcement at the Consumer Electronics Show for several stereo units that you could plug your Hi-MD unit into. The head unit can control the MD recorder for playback just like your remote does. Look for the thread in the news section for the CES show last month.

too bad sony headunits aren't as great as we'd all like... i don't think they've offered a US unit with 4 pre-amp outs =\

That's why I'm hanging onto my MDX-C8900 with a tight grip. Sure it's not HiMD but it's the last of the best MD car decks Sony ever produced for the Australian market complete with front, rear and subwoofer outputs. Of course, that's a moot point for me now that I'm set to install the 210 DSP unit I scored. Now I can fully utilise the DSP control of the deck.

Hi is Me again for those that like to have a head unit with md check this guy on ebay Kyoto-Exports they have alot of models the onli problem is that almost all of them are double din but some times they got some single din i am just waiting so they came up with the HI-MD head units to buy one of those!!! i guess they are just going to come up in Japan!!

Hi is Me again for those that like to have a head unit with md check this guy on ebay Kyoto-Exports they have alot of models the onli problem is that almost all of them are double din but some times they got some single din i am just waiting so they came up with the HI-MD head units to buy one of those!!! i guess they are just going to come up in Japan!!

A lot of the manufacturers are starting to abandone mini-discs now... The Fujitsu-Ten (Eclipse) line had a MD available in almost all their 2-DIN units, but only have 1 or 2 available this year... unless all the companies are just waiting for R&D behind an efficient method for Hi-MD integration (The Japanese love efficiency =P )