2nd Gen Blanks

Rate this topic

reefbeef

I recently got a 5 pack of the newer clear blue blanks. The discs are pretty slick, but what's up with the labels? What am I to do with those tiny bubble stickers made out of low grade recycled paper?

I need more space to put the info that I like to for my live recordings (i.e. mics used, levels, members of group, etc.)

Anyone have a good source for labels?

I agree .

Can't explain why Sony wasted time and money to change blanks shell format with himd (first we had these big cases and now those to little label screen).

Sony just put money in R&D with himd deck and car unit!

Edited by garcou

Theory:

Sony changed the label design because someone there realised that with the way most listeners will use a 1GB disc [i.e. NOT with PCM recordings] they will have somewhere between 120 to 500+ tracks on the disc; the label isn't good for listing even just album titles at this point.

I just number the discs, so the tiny label is fine with me. A big "2" is expressive enough on the one indigo disc ["2nd gen blank"] I've got. I already know what's on the disc .. I don't even bother reading the unit or remote displays when navigating, usually.

Theory:

Sony changed the label design because someone there realised that with the way most listeners will use a 1GB disc [i.e. NOT with PCM recordings] they will have somewhere between 120 to 500+ tracks on the disc; the label isn't good for listing even just album titles at this point.

I just number the discs, so the tiny label is fine with me. A big "2" is expressive enough on the one indigo disc ["2nd gen blank"] I've got. I already know what's on the disc .. I don't even bother reading the unit or remote displays when navigating, usually.

Just lable the Discs as suggested 1, 2, 3 etc.

Now get the content on to a spreadsheet -- you can cut and paste either from Marcs execellent Lister program or cut and paste from Simple Burner or SS.

Make each workbook in the spreadsheet correspond to a disk. Keep data such as the bit rate etc etc.

This works as well with Open Office spreadsheet if you don't have Microsoft Excel.

For example

http://www.1kyle.com/moosik1.jpg

Cheers

-K

Edited by 1kyle

I agree .

Can't explain why Sony wasted time and money to change blanks shell format with himd (first we had these big cases and now those to little label screen).

Sony just put money in R&D with himd deck and car unit!

Amen Brother!