Can you hack a N510?

Rate this topic

chrisss

Hi,

I'm getting an N510 that I'd like to hack for the lineout feature. The N510 is not listed in the 'How to' guide, http://www.minidisc.org/mzr700_to_mzr900.html , but there is a reference to it in the discussion thread which suggests the hack can be done.

"Posted on: Jun 21 2004, 11:16 PM

I had a similar problem when my MZ-N510 was hacked. The hack caused the battery indicator to show more battery power than was actually left. This resulted in shut-offs during recording over USB (when current drain is higher than in playback).

This problem can be fairly simple to avoid, just make sure that the highest bit of the value in register 61 is not set when hacking."

Can anyone tell me what procedure to follow? Does the post mean that you shouldn't change setting 1?

Hope somebody can help.

all the best

chrisss

well i read before that the volume hack actually improved the way the unit sounded which is what i really wanted it for. someone must know how its done? anyone?

Improved the sound? Are you sure you weren't reading about the hack that adds (see RobShaz's page) the following?

The SOUND menu now contains:

1. S-OFF: flat, no EQ effects.

2. V-SUR: Virtual Surround ("Virtual Headphone Technology Acoustic Engine")

3. S-EQ: Equalizer, with seven steps of adjustment (-10dB to +10dB) in six frequency bands

Also, try http://www.audiotstation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16494. Read posts #6-7. Old thread, but it could be your answer. And, look at the suggestion in post #8 (again).