MZ-DH10P front logo came off!

Rate this topic

whatsleftofj

But... how?! :sorry:

[edit: I guess its not a logo, it's just a little plastic piece, but its still gone missing!]

The small plastic thing that is the catch to keep it locked in the charger somehow fell off! I just noticed a couple days ago, no clue how it happened. The good (?) news is that when I shake it, I can kind of hear something shuffling around inside.

Has anyone here ever taken their DH10P apart by undoing the two screws at the bottom side that has the eject slide? I'm considering opening it up to find the piece, but I don't want to somehow damage it. In the mean time, I have to keep the unit in the charger with a rubber band. It's a sin, I tell you!!!

post-25043-1170988609_thumb.jpg

Edited by whatsleftofj

You are correct, it's the little gray/white tab that fell in. I edited the post to try to make sense of it for everyone-- I've had it just over a month (xmas gift), so I wasn't terribly familiar with the front. Or is it the back? Anyway, it only stays in the charger now if I keep a rubber band around it. I think I'm going to take it apart now in hopes that I can find the piece and put it back together.

Hey Raintheory - are those pictures of my dearly departed DH10P? It's nice to see her safe and sound!

I'm not sure you'll find a Blue Logo inside the unit...

But you might find a small gray plastic piece:

tapedit.zip

The Blue Logo (at least on my unit) is on the other side:

DR1_FIELD_TEST.mp3

Does the unit still stay in the charging stand?