Panasonic SJ-MJ50

Rate this topic

poe

Wow, I finally won a Ebay auction! Now I'm just worried wether I'll get sent a piece of garbage or sent nothing at all. Oh well thems the spoils.

Although this will be the first player unit I own be it MD or HIMD. It has the speaker cradle to boot. I bought it for in my bedroom. I only paid $80 for it shipped, sure beats what MD Boom Boxes go for.

Anyways I was wondering if any of you guys have any of these Panasonic Players with the speaker cradles. I was wondering if the speakers will function off the players internal battery or do you have to have it plugged in for them to operate? I ask because I won this from somebody in the UK. So I just wont be able to plug it in to check the operation of the speakers in the immediate future.

Also can anybody answer this little question. Ok I know the unit itself is DC and I'm pretty sure DC is the same everywhere, is it possiable to just buy a new AC to DC converter that outputs volts, amps and wattage to the player? Or do I have to buy a AC to AC converter for the UK plug?

Thanks for any help you can give me. POE.

Also can anybody answer this little question. Ok I know the unit itself is DC and I'm pretty sure DC is the same everywhere, is it possiable to just buy a new AC to DC converter that outputs volts, amps and wattage to the player? Or do I have to buy a AC to AC converter for the UK plug?

Congratulations. You can buy a replacement converter, no problem as long as polarity and output voltage are exactly the same and the ampere rating at least as high as on the original one (and the plug must fit, of course). Be very careful with voltage and polarity, otherwise you may cause permanent damage to the unit.

Wow, I finally won a Ebay auction! Now I'm just worried wether I'll get sent a piece of garbage or sent nothing at all. Oh well thems the spoils.

Part of the thrill of using eBay. ;)

I hope everything goes well for you.

Anyways I was wondering if any of you guys have any of these Panasonic Players with the speaker cradles. I was wondering if the speakers will function off the players internal battery or do you have to have it plugged in for them to operate? I ask because I won this from somebody in the UK. So I just wont be able to plug it in to check the operation of the speakers in the immediate future.

I own an SJ-MJ50 and had a look through the manual. Apparantly, the speakers run from the internal battery just fine. It's even possible to connect the seperate AA battery attachment to the side of the speaker cradle for longer play time.

Good luck with this fine little player.