Could not Transfer music from PC to MD using Sonic Stage V4.3

Rate this topic

muru

Hi,

I just joined the forum to get some help on the weird problem I'm facing with SonicStage V4.3.

1) I tried transfering some music files from my PC/Laptop to Net MD

2) Files are getting transffered

3) After transferring, I disconnect my Net MD from the PC (removing the net MD from the cradle)

4) When I want to play the music I recorded Net MD displays "Blank disc".

Any idea, how I can over come this problem. I also lost some songs I have recorded using OpenMG Juke Box.

I have Sony Net MD MZ-N1. Windows XP OS

Thank you.

Muru

Did you wait a minute or so before disconnecting the N1 from the computer? Even after SonicStage says it has transferred 100%, the transfer is not complete until it plays its little three-note sound.

Otherwise, unless someone else has ideas, the record head of your N1 may simply be wearing out, and you will probably have to get a new unit.

Did you wait a minute or so before disconnecting the N1 from the computer? Even after SonicStage says it has transferred 100%, the transfer is not complete until it plays its little three-note sound.

Otherwise, unless someone else has ideas, the record head of your N1 may simply be wearing out, and you will probably have to get a new unit.

Yeah I waited, the moment I remove the Net MD from the cradle and start playing I get this blank disc message

He means that if you search these forums with Advanced Search (on the upper right) under "ribbon cable" and N1 you will find other instances of this problem. Unless you are very skillful with electronics and can reconnect the ribbon cable, your N1 is at the end of its life and you will need to find another MD or Hi-MD unit.