Problem Charging MD

Rate this topic

mhn21

hey everyone.

I havent been using my MD for quite some time(close to a year) and recently when i tried using it i find that i can;t seem to charge the battery.

On AC power its fine, but when i remove it it just dies. And normally when u press stop a few times it will display charging on the screen.

Now it does not display the word charging. Is it a problem with my battery or the MD itself?

thanks

hey everyone.

I havent been using my MD for quite some time(close to a year) and recently when i tried using it i find that i can;t seem to charge the battery.

On AC power its fine, but when i remove it it just dies. And normally when u press stop a few times it will display charging on the screen.

Now it does not display the word charging. Is it a problem with my battery or the MD itself?

thanks

Well, sounds like it's the battery. The NH900 uses Ni-MH which age faster than Li-Ion, especially when not used.

Do you have any other problems with the buttons on the unit? I've owned two NH900s, and both have malfunctioned. Each time the "Stop" button has become very temperamental, and one one of them has stopped working altogether. The other one I can get to work about half the time. With mine, their other favourite trick is when you press stop, they just go back to the beginning of the track and start again -- do you get this?

:) i tried cleaning the batteries contacts and the one inside the md and now its starts charging... guess it was just oxidation...

but it cant hold charge for long... the batteries getting old i think. need some new ones.

as to the buttons its still okay. but the stop and the menu button require more pressure to work now. i need to press harder.