internal minidisc player for PC

Rate this topic

isitworthit

Thanks for the welcome!:D

A journey not worth going on then!

If the MD market was large enough then perhaps they would design an MD device that one could fit into say 5.25 inch PC tray just like they do with hard drives but i expect that such a thing might not be a massive MD user requirement. Anyway, i've dropped it twice allready today!

See yer around.

D

Edited by isitworthit

certanly looks like an MD disc drive - i'll take your word for it. also resembles the mac in some ways.

it seems that buying one would be 98% pointless unless one could transfer data to PC. However, that 2% becomes a little more signficant - if not significant enough if one happened to come accros such a machine and morover, if one could take the MD bits out and put them into ones own machine - even for the hell of it. And then theres always the hope that someone might be able to mess around with the MD player and make it do things that it's makers didn't think it was capable of?

Edited by isitworthit

And then theres always the hope that someone might be able to mess around with the MD player and make it do things that it's makers didn't think it was capable of?

In 2002 I read about an English company that had hacked an MD-Data drive for professional audio use. Their system could transfer SP audio to PC at high speed as well as defrag the minidisc. I inquired about getting one. The price was $4,000. And that was the end of that.

Of course, this was done with a data drive. The drive in the VAIO is a NetMD drive and these seem to be limited in what they can be made to do.