Wanted: Hi-Fi Mindisc player.

Rate this topic

Vintage_Hi-Fi

I'm looking for a high end MiniDisc player, particularly the Teac MD-5MKII (Silver face), Teac MD-8, Pioneer MD-7MJ, Sansui MD-a507, or a YAMAHA MDX-793. Though a high end Sony player like the the J series decks isn't bad. Locale pick up would be nice but shipping isn't a deal breaker.

Edited by Vintage_Hi-Fi

So no one has any good players that they would be willing to part with.

Those units are pretty hard to get. You may have more chance to find such rarities on ebay where they could appear sporadically. I imagine that Sony and Sharp players / recorders can handle them withtout any problem though.

Those units are pretty hard to get. You may have more chance to find such rarities on ebay where they could appear sporadically. I imagine that Sony and Sharp players / recorders can handle them withtout any problem though.

Well I do understand that Pioneers and Sansui level players are not particularly common, though I don't know if I made it clear or not that i would be interested in any good quality player like a Sony or Sharp and so on. What surprised me more was that no one responded with "I have a Sharp" or "I have a Sony" or a JVC.

I've an Onkyo MD-133 myself and the baby is doing his job. Call it a high end deck or not, it's the only deck that is still produced nowadays with its little sister, the Onkyo MD-105FX. And for the price of it, you'll have Hi-MD / PCM compatibility. Why asking for more ?!?

Well I do understand that Pioneers and Sansui level players are not particularly common, though I don't know if I made it clear or not that i would be interested in any good quality player like a Sony or Sharp and so on. What surprised me more was that no one responded with "I have a Sharp" or "I have a Sony" or a JVC.

I'm looking for a high end MiniDisc player, particularly the Teac MD-5MKII (Silver face), Teac MD-8, Pioneer MD-7MJ, Sansui MD-a507, or a YAMAHA MDX-793. Though a high end Sony player like the the J series decks isn't bad. Locale pick up would be nice but shipping isn't a deal breaker.

if you have a choice get the Teac MD-5MKII. it has mdlp!

Is it really that surprising? We all want to hang on to our better units! Even on Ebay, any really decent deck is not that common. The Sony MDS-JB9*0 series does turn up on Ebay now and then. Both of my MDS-JB940s were from Ebay. Don't expect to find the Sonys or any of the other ones you note in good condition very cheap, though.

PriceJapan shows both the Sony MXD-D400 and the MDS-S500 on their web site, if you're interested in going that way.

Keep checking Ebay, something will turn up eventually. And once in a while, someone here parts with a good deck. Not all that often, though.