Memory Error NW-E405

Rate this question

Apache_as

Question

When i try to update firmware from v.1 to v.2 i get following situation:

Every time I try it, I get as far as 99% before everything freezes up. After a minute or two, I get a message saying that the update has timed out and I should retry.

http://www.atraclife.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1213

but after reset NW-E405 display on screen while trying to access memory "MEMORY ERROR". :(

"Information" menu appears as:

1: <blank line>

2: 512MB

3: <blank line>

4: 1.00

The "Format" menu does not format the memory :(

In case to try updating firmware again I got from FWUpdater error: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Devise\Harddisk3\DR26".

In case "Continue" -> Error: Filed to access the file or directory :(

How i can repair my device?

Help!

Sorry for my poor English :(

16 answers to this question

I Try!

But againg:

"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Devise\Harddisk3\DR26".

In case "Continue" -> Error: Filed to access the file or directory

SonicStage did not see my NW-E405 as device & Windows Explorer did not see as disk drive.

NW-E405 just says format for a split second then the quits.

:(

Hey, I had the same problem. The first one I bought died and they gave me a replacement one, I took the replacement home and all it showed was "memory error" I went back made a fuss and they gave me one off the shelf and a 3year warranty for free :D

Guest Stuge

Hey, I had the same problem. The first one I bought died and they gave me a replacement one, I took the replacement home and all it showed was "memory error" I went back made a fuss and they gave me one off the shelf and a 3year warranty for free :D

Welcome to AtracLife!

Congrats for your new Unit

You are quite lucky b`coz you got Three year warranty as well .so you shd be a happy chap now

I'm getting the same error.

I was trying to do a favor for a friend.

So I've download the firmware and followed step by step and when update was in 99% gave me such error.

Now I can't try to update again. The MP3 shows on My Computer but when I try to open say that has no disc.

The firmware also says there's is no disc and can't update.

I can't believe I will lose this MP3 just trying to do a favor and I can't get support from Sony since Sony doesn't has a support for the MP3 on Brazil at all.

So it's over or there's a hope yet?

Any help I'll be greatful.

Edited by cypherz

Just wondering..... I got my NW-A507 8 months ago and have absolutely 0 problems since I've gotten it....I never had an Ipod or any other MP3 player so I don't know the advantage of ITunes over SS and it may be my innocence and in fact I haven't had a problem with SS either that a lot of people complain about and it's worked well for me. Am I in the minority?...Are there many other people that have had no problems at all?

Just wondering..... I got my NW-A507 8 months ago and have absolutely 0 problems since I've gotten it....I never had an Ipod or any other MP3 player so I don't know the advantage of ITunes over SS and it may be my innocence and in fact I haven't had a problem with SS either that a lot of people complain about and it's worked well for me. Am I in the minority?...Are there many other people that have had no problems at all?

actually i dont think using sonicstage is that much a problem,. the only problem i have is it is too slow when transfering music into atrac files

I'm getting the same error.

I was trying to do a favor for a friend.

So I've download the firmware and followed step by step and when update was in 99% gave me such error.

Now I can't try to update again. The MP3 shows on My Computer but when I try to open say that has no disc.

The firmware also says there's is no disc and can't update.

I can't believe I will lose this MP3 just trying to do a favor and I can't get support from Sony since Sony doesn't has a support for the MP3 on Brazil at all.

So it's over or there's a hope yet?

Any help I'll be greatful.

I had the same problem, the damn "memory error", and I took my player to the support today.

Where did you buy your Mp3? There are a lot of Sony's support in Brazil man... if you don't have the manual, I can send the places for you...

flw mano... eheheh

Edited by m_zeller

Guest Stuge

Just one more thing... when I receive my player back, which *.UPG file is the wright one to update my firmware?

The MSFWUPGR_NW-E50X_200C.UPG or the "201C"?

Either can be used to update ur walkmans firmware from 1 to 2.201C is available from Sony Asia pacific site & 200C is available from Sony US or European site .