MZ-N420D help

Rate this topic

MZ-N420D Sony

Try deleting the entry from Sonic Stage and re-adding the mp3 files (to SS). I've seen this with WAV files too.

Make sure you UNcheck the box "Delete this music file from the computer?"

Of course it would be a good idea to know where SS is actually keeping the file BEFORE you delete it from there, that way you know where to re-add it from :)

Time to go back to first principles. Forget existing files in Sonic Stage.

Rip a CD (on your computer drive) and try to transfer it to an MD. Either with Simple Burner or ia Sonic Stage.

If that fails, you have a software problem. Something is horribly wrong with your drivers and you need to follow the instructions for cleaning up the device map. (Let's not worry about that until it happens).

If it works, something is messed up in your configuration os Sonic Stage and you have to figure out what.

In broad terms, anyway. Are you connected to the internet? It may be some authentication is required.

One thing to consider is this: I have noticed that MP3 files get altered by some players (eg RealPlayer). Make sure that no other application has the file open. Copy the file that you downloaded to somewhere new, and try deleting (well, copying to recycle bin!) the original. If Windows refuses to delete it, you have a clue.

Question: do the DL'd files actually play from SonicStage (ie double click them from the tunes display)?

Ah, I just realised what may be going on. Look at the file properties from within SS. Does it show more than one file? Perhaps the old converted files are still there and they are encrypted oma's with the wrong key?

Delete everything from wherever SS saves your "optimized files" and restart Sonic Stage. Then try again.

No the DL songs don't play, either does the ripped song. That has to do with computer as my volume or hardware quick working the other day for some reason.

Checked and deleted songs from optimized files and same thing still not working.

And I can delete songs from computer and no problems there. Even emptied rec bin and the all deleted.