Question about VAIO Pocket's Battery life

Rate this question

JSP62

Question

:wave:

I am curious to know for those of you who have a VP, how long your battery usually lasts.

Like most, I bought this used and I have set up the unit to play with the backlight always on. I know I can set it on a timer, but what can I say I love the LCD.

In any event, today is the first time I have set it to play through out my work day. The battery life has already gone dry, which is about 6 hours.

I know that I have to charge my VP on the craddle every night in order to get it juiced up again.

Can all of you tell me know though how long it would last for you if you left it to play? :unsure:

Thanks

PS - Depending on reponse, I may look into buying a battery. I can only imagine how much it would cost me :sad: . Also anyone have any links for me to look?

7 answers to this question

The downside of the VP is that it seems that it doesn't have a deep sleep mode, meaning even if you turn it off, it will still drain the battery significantly. Even in the "off" position, it would not last longer than 2 days. Of course, having the LCD in alwys on will drain out battery significantly.

Even though the VP's battery is removable, I don't see it as freely available for sale. You might have to contact Sony for a spare, and IMO it won't be cheap.

Mine lasts for 2-3 days without a charge, but I frequently charge mine.

I am jealous, I need to recharge everyday. My battery barely makes it a full work day, then I have to charge it before I go out at night and play in my car. BOOOOO!!!

YIPPIEEE!!!!

My new battery came in the mail the other day.

I love it. It's like I got a brand new player. What usually drained my battery by 1/2 or 3/4s by this time, is now only 1/4 of the way used. I am very excited.

True the battery cost me $60, but what other option is there? I am certainly not going to buy another DAP. . . .