as Sony have forgotten about Sonic Stage

Rate this topic

numberguy

What about releaising its code into the public domain.

SS Is far to slow to use for anything over 1 album worth of tracks and is always Freezeing or crashing for no apparrent reason.

I have worked in this industry for over 39 years and could have had my 9 year old make a better system.

I will work for free (umtill you can see this is a viable optune)

Sony will get all the pats on the back

aslo I will sign an NDA to that fact.

Dont leave it to long as I don,t want to work for Apple and this would safe my day.

Tom

PS Im sure people would love to be able to drag and drop and to be able to have defferent blocks on the player say for all their Dance Music and another for Slow and not having it all mixed up.

Even a search function would make my day.

:)

1. Sonic Stage is not slow (if it is, then something's wrong). We've had quite a few people coming here and saying "thank goodness for something that works better than ITunes". It's a little eccentric, there are a few things to watch out for.

2. Sonic Stage is not dead - it's alive and well buried in something called X-App, Japanese only.

3. There is HEAVY DUTY encryption technology which Sony will never release, probably because they have cross licensed it to other major players or something like that. There's an open source adventure going on over at #linux-minidisc. The latest news is that I hear VLC (and ffmpeg) will be able to play Atrac3+ as well as Atrac3 (ie the HiMD tracks) within a month or so.

Blame Sony for making their copy-protection software "tamper-proof". But don't blame them for trying to stop people from what they (Sony) see as misappropriation of their (and their artists') copyrighted material.

Trust me, what can be done has been done.