Importing .mp3 files with Sonic Stage

Rate this topic

Tom B

I have converted some ATRAC files to .mp3. (These are of a radio show I record every week, that I end up saving with Sonic Stage as .mp3 CD disks. This has worked normally for a long time.)

I discovered the audio level on the ATRAC files and consequently the .mp3 files was low. I successfully used "Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 9" to "normalize" the audio level, and raise it.

I proceeded on to import the resulting .mp3 files to Sonic Stage, but got the error message "X Cannot find music files that are not registered to SonicStage. (Error Code: 00007180)"

This means the .mp3 files without the increase in audio level will transfer OK, but not the ones I edited with "Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio."

What should I do to proceed with this?

• 2 weeks later...

Any time you edit a file known to Sonic Stage you must delete it from there and re-add it. Some software that plays mp3 has that effect too, which is really annoying.

Been there, done that.

Sorry, I don't understand. What are the steps involved to delete it and re-add it so I don't get this error message "Cannot find music files that are not registered to SonicStage. (Error Code: 00007180)"

1. Delete the entry in the SS catalog but when it asks you whether u want to remove the music from the computer, make sure you answer answer No.

2. Add the file in by adding (Import) on the file menu.

Depending on metadata you may have to move it around (eg to a different album or artist)