My Network Walkman A608, dead?

Rate this question

SimKill

Question

Hi,

My network walkman, NW A608 has stopped functioning...

When it is connected to the computer, Sonicstage recognizes it, Connect recognizes it...in Windows I can use it as a flash drive, and the display screen shows "USB Connect" charging animation as well as the data transfer animation.

But when I unplug it, generally it should show "Data Access", well it doesn't show, and the screen remains blank.

I tried the reset switch, but pressing that brings up the battery full screen. So as of now I can use it only as a 2GB flash drive, and my "Walkman" is essentially dead...

Any ideas guys?

P.S. Well after some thinking, I backed up everything on it, and tried reflashing it again with v2.01 still no use.

Do I have to send it to Sony or what? It's not even 6 months old, only bought in May...

9 answers to this question

There should be a Sony office in Mumbai, no? Can you phone/write them? If not, there may be a bit of a problem - my experience working in a Sony Centre in the UK suggested that international warranties are only 3 months long. Still, you might be able to find a shop that will hack the dates for you.

Good luck!

-Nav

holy batman,

may=1, june = 2, july = 3, august = 4, september = 5, (gulp) october= 6...eeeksss

Am I going to be fleeced?

SimKill,If i'm right ,your father bought this player from Dubai & if this is right you will get one year warrenty b'coz products bought from Dubai carries 1 year Middle East & South Asia warrenty valid in India,Saudi arabia ,Pakistan,Kuwait etc .

Sony India customer care number : 1800-11-11-88 (For BSNL & MTNL subscribers only )

this is sad man....i got my walkman back today (home delivered) after EXACTLY 2 months (and a lot of screaming...) and after firing up sonicstage it's dead again...but the case is opposite of before...ie the walkman unit functions...and the flash drive part isnt functioning...this means that I cant connect to the computer...but just play that's already there in the walkman...I'm going back to sony...

I am VERY upset...

this is sad man....i got my walkman back today (home delivered) after EXACTLY 2 months (and a lot of screaming...) and after firing up sonicstage it's dead again...but the case is opposite of before...ie the walkman unit functions...and the flash drive part isnt functioning...this means that I cant connect to the computer...but just play that's already there in the walkman...I'm going back to sony...

I am VERY upset...

Yup ,I know Sony India is very Poor in fixing things. Now ,what happned to the flash drive part .Is it broken ?