Display adjust minidisc MZ-R30

Rate this topic

Sorry I couldn't find anything in the Service Manual or the User Manual.

When you say "too bright" - it looks like it's a reflective LCD. In the schematics I didn't see any backlight. So I'm not sure what you mean. Is the contrast bad so you can't read the characters? I couldn't find anything on a contrast control either though.

10 hours ago, sfbp said:

Check voltage rail?

According to the schematic the LCD module just takes in a logic power rail. There was no separate contrast voltage input (or backlight), so if there is contrast control it would be in software (there is an I2C-type serial bus to the LCD module), but I couldn't find anything in the User Manual that offered a menu option for Contrast.

Sorry - Google translate.☺️

The display is something like an old digital watch(no backlight). When the watch was low on battery, the numbers(text) were not black, but lighter (gray). This means that the power to the display was lower. The numbers were then legible when viewed at an angle (tilt). However, the minidisk has "constant" battery voltage and nothing changes when I connect the charger.
So I don't think there is a problem with the display, but its power supply.

20220316_133711.jpg

20220316_133643.jpg