NW-E005 "safe remove hardware"

Rate this question

cool_rock

Question

6 answers to this question

well i want to ask that if accidently my walkman i mean nwe005 is connected to pc and power fails or pc shutdown does this damage the walkman. i live in pak where power failure is a major porblem. what to do..

As long as you are not putting any music on it during the power outage it is ok....You dont need to "Safely remove hardware" to pull it out (unlike the iPODs)....If the power shuts down during the moment you are uploading tracks, you will need to reset it or in some cases format it...Nonetheless you can't damage the player itself.

Guest Stuge

well i want to ask that if accidently my walkman i mean nwe005 is connected to pc and power fails or pc shutdown does this damage the walkman. i live in pak where power failure is a major porblem. what to do..

Don't worry nothing will happen to your walkman .

iin b/w How much did E005 cost you in Pakistan ?

Don't worry nothing will happen to your walkman .

iin b/w How much did E005 cost you in Pakistan ?

well it is not availbale in pakistan and only core is available here its price is around 9000 rs for 1 gb and 1800 for nwa 800 or nwa 1200.well i guess the sony flash players are not available here. so i got it from usa.from one of my uncle. hm and it cost 100$ and i also want to ask that does removing it without safe remove or power faliure does the battery of walkamn is effected..

You dont need to "Safely remove hardware" to pull it out (unlike the iPODs)....If the power shuts down during the moment you are uploading tracks, you will need to reset it or in some cases format it...Nonetheless you can't damage the player itself.

It is recommended to use the "safely remove hardware" feature for ANY USB mass storage devices. However, if you know that there are no data transfer going on (the E00x OLED screen will display the battery charging), then it should be OK to just hot-unplug it. And speaking of iPods, if you set the iPod NOT for disk use, it will automatically "eject" itself once you done syncing/transferring music in iTunes (you only see the "Do not disconnect" screen during music transfer/syncing).