turning off charging via usb on nw-a806?

Rate this question

Zephir

Question

I get new music every so often before my player runs out of battery, and everytime I plug the player into the computer to transfer music the player keeps charging, and I'm afraid that's not gonna be good for the battery. Is there an option to turn off usb charging while i transfer music and then turn it back on later when my player is low in battery?

5 answers to this question

The Lithiom-Ion batteries used in walkmans, cameras, etc nowadays are not like the old kind of rechargeable battery. Traditionally, excess recharging of a battery (particularly before it had been fully discharged) would shorten it's lifespan, however li-ion batteries, as far as i know, work the opposite way round, in that regular recharging -and recharging before the battery is empty- is a benefit and increases the batteries long-term life. I don't know for sure what kind of battery the a806 takes, but my hd5h has a Lithiom-Ion, and im pretty sure this is the standard now. In that case theres no need to turn off the USB charging -don't worry about it, its good for your battery

well i had a sony bean and it lated for 1 year well although its not as good as future players. but i used to transfer my songs one by one i mean the way u have refered. and even when my battery is half it charges. well although the sony players mp3 battery dont have a wearing effect but still its good practice to completely use the battery untill low battery appears and u r mp3 stops. then till than u bulid u r playlist or collect more fresh songs to the player than charge the battery. well i have nwe005 and i used to charge it only when low battery appears and belive me i m getting execptional battery life from nwe005 which is approx 28+ for music and 8+ for fm. well although i m using it in pretty hot weather but my battery is working like a charm. well and an empty battery charges more quickly than and half battery. well my nwe005 charges in 40 min to full from empty i only charge it only when low battery appears. it will make u r mp3 more cool and set u r unit to super power save mode when listning music it will give u 50% boost in u r battery life

Edited by cool_rock

Guest Stuge

I get new music every so often before my player runs out of battery, and everytime I plug the player into the computer to transfer music the player keeps charging, and I'm afraid that's not gonna be good for the battery. Is there an option to turn off usb charging while i transfer music and then turn it back on later when my player is low in battery?

I don't think you should worry about that .

is there an USB power option in the menu?? if u are too worried about battery, just switch it to 100mA instead of 500, i heard it is better for the battery in some ways but it will take wayyyy longer to charge the player

I don't think I can change the battery from 500mA to 100, because there's no option for that :(

I guess the battery's going to be okay then, thanks guys :)