Problem with duplicate Songs

Rate this question

Xinebbsa

Question

Hi all,

I was hoping someone could help me with this.

I've been using Sonicstage and by NW-HD3 for years with no problems.

I've recently installed Sonicstage CP and have some problems that I am trying to solve.

Basically I have Albums which are OK on Sonicstage - but when they make it over to my HD3 the tracks on the album are 'doubled up'

For instance; On Sonicstage my album might look Like

ALBUM NAME

SONG A

SONG B

SONG C

When I transfer that to my HD3 I get

ALBUM NAME

SONG A

SONG A

SONG B

SONG B

SONG C

SONG C

Appearing!?!

I also have another problem which is when I have to entirely clear down my HD3 EVERY Time I transfer stuff to it

Does anyone know either how to fix these issues or if Sony are doing an update/patch that will do so?

Thanks very much for your time

(This by the way doesn't happen on every album - just some of them!)

Andy

Edited by Xinebbsa

3 answers to this question

I have exactly the same problem, using sonic stage CD 4.3 and my NW HD3. Interestingly it is the same hardware combination.

It only happens with certain albums, and each time you transfer music to the device, it will transfer the offending albums again (and again, and again,) It's like sonic stage doesn't realise that is has transferred the music and it is on the device.

Not a solution, but a work arround I am currently using is to "uncheck" the offending albums prior to transferring. At least this way, you don't get multiple copies of the same album or songs.

I had the exact same problem with my HD3 as well. I think it is something to do with a bug in the 'Auto transfer' feature. I reformatted the HD3 and transferred my entire library again. It doesn't take very long. Transfer speeds on the HD walkmans are very quick.

Incidentally,I don't use the auto transfer feature any more .

Anthony