Headphones for 707

Rate this topic

Mus

Hi,

I got my 707 and so far I like it except for the low output volume. I have Sony street style headphones which I like but are too quiet for older music when they didn't compress the life out of it for the sake of loudness.

Any suggestions for louder headphones? I came across some Pro-Luxe NC-2's which supposedly cancel external noise. Are these more sensitive?

They quoted 113dB +/- 3dB with the noise cancel off and 119dB +/- 3dB with the cancel on. Is that good? Better than the average? Seems rare to find good specification info for other headphones.

Thanks for you help

M

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

I tried the NC-2's and they are much louder. They are also rubbish - loud muffled bass and quiet muffled treble. Useless.

Any other suggestions or do I have to rip to WAV, normalise in SoundForge and then transfer to 707?

M

Have you considered etymotic earbuds? ER4P @ US$269, ER6 @ US$129. The 4P blocks about 25dB or more, the ER6 15-20dB IIRC.

As far as sound goes, they are apparently fantastic. Superbaldguy on the T-station has a pair, uses them with an R910, E707, or R909. Many head-fier's (www.head-fi.org) have them, too.