can i add auto trackmarks in sonicstage?

Rate this topic

pool

i just got a mz-nh 600, i know i can add track marks at set intervals while recording, like with my mzr-700 ,is there a way to instruct sonicstage to do this, while transferring ?

i get audiobooks from the net, sometimes with many hundreds of files , which i then combine wtth mp3merge to one big mp3 file , a problem when i am in ,say, the 7th hour of my book and inadvertantly hit the wrong button, so i am back at track one !.

tia, Lin

Sonicstage offers no editing facilities, including track mark. You'll have to divide the source file, or insert track marks manually later.

Thanks for your reply,

making track marks manually would entail fast forwarding, not feasible.

dividing the source file is a bit cumbersome also i think, i'll just have to transfer the files as is i think, got plenty of trackmarks then !

Lin

I think that's another mode they missed an opportunity for in Hi-MD, especially now that multi-hour recordings are even more feasible. In Sonicstage, you have a track slider which you can tweak to go almost directly to where you want. You'd have thought another intelligent way of using the scroll wheel on the new machines would have been track navigation, wouldn't you? Alas, holding down tiny FFWD keys is the best you'll get.

I also find it annoying that you need to press pause before you can scan through a track, and you can't hear the track while its scanning. I am new to MD, but this is a departure to the usual normal Sony CD Walkman style of being able to scan through a track easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Sonicstage offers no editing facilities, including track mark. You'll have to divide the source file, or insert track marks manually later.

The very fact that you can divide tracks is "editing". How can you say there is no editing facility? I have found this feature very helpful and easy to use. Your answer seems misleading.

2.1 now offers Divide & Combine, you're right. Rejoice, edit'ers!

You can? How have I missd this? I checked if it could do this.

I must be being blind again. And misinforming people! I've already told at least one person they can't do this. Augh.

edit: sitting here with SS 2.1 open, nowhere in help are divide or combine mentioned, nowhere are they in any menus, not in context menus for tracks.. um. Where exactly did you find the version of 2.1 that you've got?

Ok, what a waste of time.

Yes you can divide and combine tracks BUT....you have to import them into SS2.1 and convert them to ATRAC first. you cannot edit tracks transfered from MD.

This is just a quick look and i dont really know SS2 but as far as i can see its going to need some sort of work around.

Buy the way divide and combine are in my help file for SS2.1

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

damn it! this thing about trackmarks is pissing me off. :wacky:

I've downloaded a mix from the internet of about 1 hour, i converted it to lp2 and transfered to my nh700 in a hi-md disc. Now i can't add my trackmarks with the player... it says : TRKFROMPC NO EDIT mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

these guys are nuts! Now i have to use that sonic stage program to split the file... and better... i tried to split the lp2 file and sonic stage gave me the message "can't divide, this track has been transfered" BUT WHAT'S THE PROBLEM ON DIVIDING AN ALREADY TRANSFERED TRACK!?!?!? so many restrictions...

Then i deleted the file in the hi-md... and started dividing the track... the dividing process is way too stupid to be useful... the interface is complicated... i divided tracks very nicely with my mz-r70 with no trouble, now i have all these limitations...

after dividing the first three segments, i got so angry that i combined them all again, and to the hell with this, i'm not going even to transfer this track to the md mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif