KDL-HX800 3d transmitter range

Rate this question

digitalman161

Question

I've recently moved and installed my TV above a fireplace. The TV sits a little higher than usual but viewing the TV is good. However it seems like when I use the 3D glasses I have to stand up to get it to work. If I move my head around a bit I can get it to go a little but for the most part there seems to be a issue.

The transmitter is attached to the top of the TV. Is this a range issue? Or perhaps just a battery issue with my glasses? Is the transmitter using a radio frequency or is it IR or line of site based?

Thanks!!

4 answers to this question

Don't know - "suck it and see" is a common term used in scientific research. Sound like the 3D image is transmitted 90 degrees to the TV. So to sit and watch it you'd have to tilt the TV towards you, as frequently happens in Sports Bars and the like.

Are you aware that putting TV over fireplace absolutely voids your warranty? No insurance company will pay up, either. If they manage to find out you did this, your busted TV becomes a rather expensive paperweight.

The HX800 (and other 2010 Sony TV's) use the TMR-BR100 3D sync infrared transmitter. The device is capable of a 120 degree horizontal and vertical angle during RF transmission, and you can actually adjust if it transmits up or down based on the mechanism on the right of the device. There's a little marker indicating the direction, which is usually set to straight ahead. Try turning it downwards.

You may also want to place the transmitter below the TV with double-sided tape, if possible.