Sony Insider Forums
SLAMMERS

TASCAM RC-FS20 Flash Start Controller

Rate this topic

Hello, I have an RC-FS20 which is a flash start controller for a TASCAM MD-801RMKII.  All the LEDs are on but I am not able to get it to do anything.  If anyone has any intel on this unit I would be very grateful.  An instruction manual would be pure gold.  I am not sure if I am doing something wrong.

I also have an RC-8 and an RC-801, both remote control units, which I am able to get working in tandem.  I have recently installed the BU-801 RAM buffer in my MD recorder and I am able to flash start tracks using the RC-801, but nothing is happening with the RC-FS20.  I imagine the way this should work is that all lights should be OFF until I flash load any tracks, and then only the tracks I have flash loaded will be illuminated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0929201820.jpg

Wow that’s some kit!

Dont know the answer to your question but at some point I will endeavour to have a Google and see what I can find. Otherwise your initial proposition seems reasonable!

The 801 with those remotes must be the single most expensive setup in the world for a one disk deck (with buffer expansion) plus controllers!

9 hours ago, kgallen said:

Wow that’s some kit!

Dont know the answer to your question but at some point I will endeavour to have a Google and see what I can find. Otherwise your initial proposition seems reasonable!

The 801 with those remotes must be the single most expensive setup in the world for a one disk deck (with buffer expansion) plus controllers!

Trust me, it's taken a while for me to get to this point.  :)  The RC-FS20 wasn't even on my radar, actually I didn't even know it existed at the time, it just came with the RC-801 deal.  It's not a huge priority in my life but it would be so nice to get it working now that I have it.  Yes, I am aware what these are worth.  The RC-FS20 in particular is impossibly rare and was made custom to order by TASCAM.  I am an ex-radio DJ and always loved MD.  I do have a large project on the horizon in which having the RC-801 will make things a lot easier.  Don't forget the cost of the DB25 cables!  Check the gauge of those, they're like garden hoses!  I also tried using a TDIF cable on the RC-FS20 but that didn't work, either.

0926201424.jpg