My New Mz-rh910

Rate this topic

jeddeth

more pics in posts below...

a few pics and some of my initials thoughts...

[attachmentid=138][attachmentid=139]

The coolest thing I have noticed so far is that the usb port cover is now a plastic sliding door rather than the rubber cap that sony usually used. So there is nothing to break off or to push into place, it just slides open and closed.

Other than that (well, and the lack of remote...) this unit seems very similiar to the nhf800 that I'm used to.

It's a tad larger than the nhf800 and a bit heavier which I like, the nhf800 always felt too plastic for my taste. And all arund this unit feels a bit more durable.

The look and feel are stronger, better quality, and a true upgrade.

post-6287-1111724923_thumb.jpg

post-6287-1111724946_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeddeth

do you know if datavision is stocking the silver coloured rh910?

Also can we get some infor on the bundled remote, (if it actually comes with a remote) like what colour is it and can it support multi-lingual display?

finally i was just wondering if you can buy from datavision duty free ( as in if i go in store)?

thanks

p.s: enjoy your upgrade

THERE IS NO REMOTE ON THE N AMERICAN UNIT!!!!

it kills me.

in the picture I have my way old school remote from my mz-r90 plugged in, it kinda works, so it'll have to do for now.

from what I can tell of the pictures in the manual, the remote that comes with non-european models has no display on it at all, just buttons.

From what I saws at Datavis they only have this color in stock right now.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about duty free shopping.

Thanks for the questions! I have no idea what you guys want to know, so ask away...

here are some more pictures...

notice that the unit is brand new out of the box but it attracts dust like crazy all over the mirrored areas.

[attachmentid=141][attachmentid=142][attachmentid=143]

For size comparisons here are some units lined up:

in order from right to left

MZ-R90 / MZ-RH910 / MZ-NHF800 / U2 Edition Ipod

[attachmentid=144]

post-6287-1111734193_thumb.jpg

post-6287-1111734228_thumb.jpg

post-6287-1111734271_thumb.jpg

post-6287-1111734334_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeddeth

Guest NRen2k5

I had heard that the RH910 is a little chubby. Looks like whoever told me was right. Still sexy though.

As for your U2 I-Pod, I've never seen an uglier DAP in my life. wink.gif

I almost placed an order yesterday, and how I'm glad I hadn't, because the lack of remote rather upsets me. Right now I'm debating on which would suit me better:

a ) MZ-RH10 (with its backlit OLED goodness and better battery life), or...

b ) MZ-RH910 w/ RM-MC40ELK (the remote I find essential for night-vision purposes)

I'll most likely get the MZ-RH910 now and purchase the remote later, as I am impatient and hard on cash at the moment.

Edited by Herri

nice pictures, jeddeth wink.gif

how would you rate build-quality compared to MZ-r90 and ipod?

is the menu good enough (and easy!) for quick records or do you have to scroll a lot for, say, manual settings?

can you say if the RH910 is faster than the NHF800 during usb-records?

thanks cool.gif

thanks for the pics, Jaddeth.

does the unit open up (like 800) or open from the side? what other display info that is new. what I mean is on NH1 during charging, it display time remaining to be fully charged! does it have feature similiar to that? sorry for being so inquistive.

here are some more pictures...

notice that the unit is brand new out of the box but it attracts dust like crazy all over the mirrored areas.

[attachmentid=141][attachmentid=142][attachmentid=143]

For size comparisons here are some units lined up:

in order from right to left

MZ-R90 / MZ-RH910 / MZ-NHF800 / U2 Edition Ipod

[attachmentid=144]

ohmy.gif Do you have two RH910 units (black and white) or is it just a light effect which changes the front color?? One more thing, the picture where are your players, you must place the RH910 in such a way the opening is on the top for a right size comparison.

Btw does the RH910 have line out?

p.s. nice new MD device in spite of the lack of remote dry.gif

In an attempt to answer everyones questions...

there is no line out... just the headphones jack.

the unit opens from the side.

when charging it just says charging and when it's done the lcd just goes blank. I like this idea of having a timer displayed but that was not included on this unit.

The unit is mirrored silver on it's face, extremely reflective. So if it looks black and white in different pictures, it's probably the reflection. But the areas that are not mirrored, are carbon/dark grey. The 3 sides of the unit are white (bottom, opening end, and headphone jack side.) The battery/usb port side is the carbon grey. This picture hopefully illustrates the colors better. [attachmentid=146]

Here is a picture with each unit turned so that the opening is facing the same way and a disc is partially sticking out.[attachmentid=147]

I would rate build-quality compared to MZ-r90 and ipod?

as not as durable as either the MZ-R90 or an Ipod, but better than the NHF800. It is still a lot of delicate plastic and scratchable surfaces, but it feels heavier than the 1st generation and it appears more durable.

The menu is exactly the same as the last generation. Smae 11 steps to get to record settings manually. However, I prefer the layout of the buttons on this model (part of the reason I bought it) I think it will be easier to stealth record with the buttons laid out this way.

Sorry I cannot yet say if the RH910 is faster than the NHF800 during usb-records. I will play with it this weekend.

post-6287-1111777620_thumb.jpg

post-6287-1111777639_thumb.jpg

Edited by jeddeth

Yes, ignore him as he's just trolling you.

Anyway, great pics and thoughts, jeddeth. I will be sure to feature this in the next Forum Focus.

And indeeego, this is a USB 1.1 unit just like the rest. There is no USB 2 AFAIK with any unit. Furthermore, I see that you're disappointed about the remote, j. It's just your average stick remote, no LCD, etc. You can get something similiar called the RM-MZ4 off ebay for nearly nothing. I'd just get a RM-MC40ELK and be truly content.

More questions:

How are MP3s transferred? Drag-and-drop or via SonicStage or....?

How do you start Record? It looks like you have to press something else with the red Record button, where is it and can you do it one-handed?

Is the display the same as the NHF-800?

And comment: the thing looks huge with the AA add-on. I'd prefer a bulgy back anytime.

@kurisu:

well, I´m a friend of a complete product wink.gif and now that sony forces me to stay with my NH1 (lineOUT I´ll keep the RM-MC40ELK, so I just think people around would love to have a lcd-remote with their RH910 (maybe without lcd for the RH710)...

someone told me that the Rh10s transfer seems to be faster than it is with the NH1, maybe the made some little improvements in speed matters ..

@A440:

"How are MP3s transferred? Drag-and-drop or via SonicStage or....?"

sonicStage is required