Mpeg-2 Audio Layer 3\(podcast) Won't Play

Rate this topic

jhellman

hi --

i've downloaded a couple podcasts which transfer to my hi-md player just fine. but when i try to play them it says 'CANNOT PLAY'. when i examine the file from within sonic stage, and i click 'properties', it tells me the mp3 file is 'mpeg-2 audio layer 3', but the manual for my recorder (910) says it can only play mpeg-1 layer 3 files.

i've searched all over for a converter that will convert mpeg2 to mpeg1, but no luck. any ideas???

many thanks.

jacob

the solution is Nero, to convert the tracks to wav. However, if that's not the solution to you, use the Simple Burner option

Soes anyone know any podcast devoted to md players?

wouldn't that be a mdcast then???!!!!

I think shoutcast can be recorded to HD, then to cd or whatever, just save in wav.

Bob

I had this problem with the Jim Rome podcast. I did find a solution though.

First import the mp3 into SS. Then convert the file to Atrac66kbps. Then delete the mp3 file through SS. You can then transfer it and play it.

I haven't tried it at different bitrates, but for talk radio atrac66kbps it is fine.

You could probably just move the mp3 file to a different folder if you want to keep it, but I haven't tried that either.

hi --

i've downloaded a couple podcasts which transfer to my hi-md player just fine.  but when i try to  play them it says 'CANNOT PLAY'.  when i examine the file from within sonic stage, and i click 'properties', it tells me the mp3 file is 'mpeg-2 audio layer 3', but the manual for my recorder (910) says it can only play mpeg-1 layer 3 files. 

i've searched all over for a converter that will convert mpeg2 to mpeg1, but no luck.  any ideas???

many thanks.

jacob

I had this problem with the Jim Rome podcast.  I did find a solution though.

First import the mp3 into SS. Then convert the file to Atrac66kbps. Then delete the mp3 file through SS.  You can then transfer it and play it.

I haven't tried it at different bitrates, but for talk radio atrac66kbps it is fine.

You could probably just move the mp3 file to a different folder if you want to keep it, but I haven't tried that either.

the only reason this works is because SonicStage sees that the MD device can playback MP3s and chooses that file first; if the MP3 is not there it goes to second best

Just remember always import a copy of the MP3 that way when you delete it you still have the original kicking around

the only reason this works is because SonicStage sees that the MD device can playback MP3s and chooses that file first; if the MP3 is not there it goes to second best

Just remember always import a copy of the MP3 that way when you delete it you still have the original kicking around

If you don't want to worry about deleting the MP3 file from your library you can opt to use a regular MD in Net MD mode. You lose half the space, but at these low bitrates you still get 5+ hours of podcast. SS will convert the files for you automatically when you transfer. I have found that to be the least tedious way to make the low bitrate MP3 files work on my RH10.

TK

If you don't want to worry about deleting the MP3 file from your library you can opt to use a regular MD in Net MD mode.  You lose half the space, but at these low bitrates you still get 5+ hours of podcast.  SS will convert the files for you automatically when you transfer.  I have found that to be the least tedious way to make the low bitrate MP3 files work on my RH10.

TK

and that is how sad sony has become dry.gif