Problem with [stop] button

Rate this topic

eriktous

Hi, last week I bought an MZ-NH900. I haven't done much with it yet, just listening to some old MD's, while reading through the manual.

Today, I suddenly noticed that the [stop] button on my unit acts as [play] and [FF] too. When I press it, it stops, but sometimes it consequently skips to the next track and/or starts to play again.

I went into the Service Menu and had a look at the Key Check Mode and indeed , when I keep the [stop] button pressed, it alternates between stop, play and FF.

Is it possible that I did this myself? I have a European unit and applied the region hack last night (from Euro to Hong Kong/Taiwan). I'm hundred percent certain that I didn't alter any other settings, but still it occurred after I went into Service Mode. (I'm not completely sure if it behaved normally before the hack, but I figure I would have noticed this. Although there is a slim possibility that I have only used my remote to stop the unit before.)

I changed the destination code back to European, but that didn't repair the [stop] button.

I guess there is no way I can reassign that button to only act as [stop] myself, so I'm going to send it back for repair. This sucks.

Erik.

Edit: I went into Key Check Mode again and found out that the [group] button doubles as a [menu] button as well. That explains why I'm having to try four or five times before I succeed in entering the Service Menu...

Edited by eriktous

Hi,

My NH900 which I bought three weeks ago had this problem also from the start. Worse for me was trying to get in to the menu (holding it for two seconds), it would jump straight to the MainPlay menu mode. It would take a few goes to actually get to the menu i wanted. Stop button sometimes forwarded a track but not often. I've just today dropped it in to get fixed. Annoying thing is on my one week old RH10, while holding down FF/RW to scan through a track - instead a bookmark would be made (ie holding play down). Doesnt happen that often so maybe i'll live with this quirk.

-zahg

That's what I'd think, but I just find it odd that it only started after I hacked my unit.

Hi,

My NH900 which I bought three weeks ago had this problem also from the start. Worse for me was trying to get in to the menu (holding it for two seconds), it would jump straight to the MainPlay menu mode. It would take a few goes to actually get to the menu i wanted. Stop button sometimes forwarded a track but not often. I've just today dropped it in to get fixed. Annoying thing is on my one week old RH10, while holding down FF/RW to scan through a track - instead a bookmark would be made (ie holding play down). Doesnt happen that often so maybe i'll live with this quirk.

-zahg

I have had my NH900 for about 10 months and have experienced both of these problems. The stop button issue appears only occasionally and if you press stop a second time it does actually stop. The Navi button thing is slightly more annoying. I can't really be bothered getting this repaired, and to be honest I use the remotes 80% of the time.

I had this trouble in January and had my NH900 (successfully) repaired under warranty... just check for one of my first threads titled "entered the NH900 twilight zone... trange buttonfunctions in the dark or something" (sorry, too lazy to look it up myself right now) for a complete description of my problem/solutions and other stories of MDCF members

just check for one of my first threads titled "entered the NH900 twilight zone... trange buttonfunctions in the dark or something" (sorry, too lazy to look it up myself right now)

Yes, I've read it. At least I know now that it's not something I did wrong and that I'm not the only one who experienced this problem.

Small consolation, though. I'll have to get it fixed. Don't know how long that's going to take, but I'll prepare myself for the worst (so I can only be surprised in a positive way ;) ).

^^^^

thanks for looking that one up k.

these days I have to post quickly inbetween bursts of work as I have recently started a research job at SMIT-(studies on media information and telecommunications)-research group and I'm quite busy most of the time

so as opposed to my former quite elaborate style I'm finding myself resorting to quick posts with fast reply more and more often