What's the best cylinder remote for Hi-MD?

Rate this topic

RobA

"buttons used to change tracks and volume on the RM-MC35ELK"

1. Volume is by twisting barrel end near the headphone socket in either + or - directions. You can do it one handed with your thumb and forefinger while holding the unit with your other three finger. Volume shows as a bar as you adjust it.

2. changing tracks is by sliding the raised stop/play/pause button back or forward.

Roughly in the middle of the remote.

3. There are dedicated (+) and (-) buttons to change albums or folders as well.

Next to the Stop/play/pause control but near the cord that goes to your minidisc player.

Cool. Does the song and artist name move across the screen continously like on the 600d when playing? And does it take batteries or get its power from the 600d?

Yes, and it run from the player own power supply.

I have the RM-MC38EL remote, one line text w/o the kanji support.

I might get the 40, or if they release an OLED version which I doubt they have plans for, i'll get that.

God, once you go OLED, you don't want to go back! :wub:

Yes, and it run from the player own power supply.

I have the RM-MC38EL remote, one line text w/o the kanji support.

I might get the 40, or if they release an OLED version which I doubt they have plans for, i'll get that.

God, once you go OLED, you don't want to go back! :wub:

Hooked on the screen of the rh10 eh? I don't blame you, that model looks awesome! But way out of my price range. :lol:

And thanks to both of you for your help. Do you guys know a store that sells them? (like a local store-not online)? I have a thread going here: http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=13164 If not, then what safe online store do you recommend I buy the 35ELK for around 20-25 bucks? (30 max)

Edited by RobA

Cool. Does the song and artist name move across the screen continously like on the 600d when playing? And does it take batteries or get its power from the 600d?

I can't remember if I changed my remote display or not but mine Scrolls

Song name

Artist

Album

then stops on the time display till the song ends and starts the cycle again for the new song.

You can also cycle through this info by pressing the display button (it displays the song's quality eg ATRAC3/66kbps as well)

Edited by bogon07

I CAN TELL YOU THE WORST REMOTE - ITS THE ONE THAT CAME WITH MY MZ-M100 - THIS IS THE GREATEST MD RECORDER EVER - I LOVE IT - I CAN UPLOAD UNCOMPRESSED LIVE HIMD RECORDINGS INTO MY MAC IN NO TIME - WHY WOULD SONY SELL SUCH AN UPSCALE UNIT WITH AN ABSOLUTELY USELESS REMOTE?

I LIKED THE MC40 ELK THAT CAME WITH MY VERY UNRELIABLE AND POORLY DESIGNED (IMHO) NH1. THANKS TO SONY FOR REALIZING THE NH1 WASN'T VERY GOOD - THEY GAVE ME MY $300. BACK AFTER 9 MONTHS! AND I USED IT TO BUY THE MZM100 - .

HOWEVER, I SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE BETTER REMOTE (WHO KNEW?) -

DOES ANYONE KNOW? -IS THE 40ELK COMPATIBLE WITH THE MZM100?

THANKS