Add Selected Text as Quote Feature

zerodB

Yeah, for some strange reason this doesn't appear to work for me in Firefox.

It works fine in IE.

I'm using the Brit English localisation of Firefox version 1.5 RC3.

Anyone else get this issue with FF? I'm sure it worked before with Firefox 1.0x.

Strange. It's a really useful feature for replying to posts and I'd like to be able to use it!

Edited by zerodB

I've been having some hangups in Deerpark g4, which is firefox 1.5 that is optimized for the G4 chipset.

I'll go through some more things and see if it works.

Edit: Wait, how do I used "Add Selected Text as Quote Feature" anyways?

Edited by Bananatree

I use FF1.0.7. Have done for a while. However I do not quite understand your question.

I copy/pasted the following para and placed it in quotes using the blue quote icon. Is that what you cannot do?

I'm using the Brit English localisation of Firefox version 1.5 RC3.

Anyone else get this issue with FF? I'm sure it worked before with Firefox 1.0x.

B)

Edited by MusicBringer

I'm pretty sure that's it MusicBringer.

It's the ability to quote using quick reply - To the left of the button marked reply is the "toggle multiquote action". Click it and appearing under the fast reply text input box is a button marked "add selected text as quote".

Normally I can highlight some text using the cursor and hit the button, and it will come up quoted in the fast reply button. I get the button, but nothing happens when I click it!

I'm pretty sure that's it MusicBringer.

It's the ability to quote using quick reply - To the left of the button marked reply is the "toggle multiquote action". Click it and appearing under the fast reply text input box is a button marked "add selected text as quote".

Normally I can highlight some text using the cursor and hit the button, and it will come up quoted in the fast reply button. I get the button, but nothing happens when I click it!

i can it in 1.0.7 using the basicx by highlighting & hitting the 'add selected text' under the fast reply. only worked when the fast reply is allready open for some reason...

edit*****

works in the new skin too. you have to use the button below the fast reply but it's fine too me. as an aussie i use the GB firefox too.

Edited by atrain

Upgraded to the official (en-us) release of Firefox 1.5. Still no go. Perhaps it's an issue with the latest version of firefox? Can anyone confirm?

Oh, and atrain, yes I will be reverting back to the en-GB version when it officialy comes out. Now if only microsoft could do the same. Was a huge shock to discover "organize" is actually spelt with an "s", and "favorites" has a "u" in there...

• 1 month later...