Headphones for bath?

Rate this topic

dingo1

Any ideas on decent headphones for the bath, the pool, stuff like that? I'd like to be able to listen to MDs in the bath -- carefully, of course, with the unit and discs -- but it's probably unavoidable to get some water on the headphones.

I don't want to use crap phones like the ones that come with units, though that may be my last resort unless I get some better ideas.

Don't like "sports phones" (those things that go in your ears like a stethoscope). Any better suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i like the minispeakers idea

just don't have a mains adapter for the minispeakers anywhere near the bath !!

Actually the FM transmitter and radio seems the best idea as far as safety is concerned

Cheers

-K

Depends on what you listen to and the quality you are after.

Personaly I love audio books - lowish bit rate and in mono. I use one of those "sound bug" sucker things. Sounds great and has the supprising benifit that you can still hear fine should you put your head under the water.

Everso.

Depends on what you listen to and the quality you are after.

Personaly I love audio books - lowish bit rate and in mono. I use one of those "sound bug" sucker things. Sounds great and has the supprising benifit that you can still hear fine should you put your head under the water.

Everso.

I haven't heard of those!

What exactly are they?

i like the FM shower radio thinggy myself; but; would crank up the main speakers in the house to get a feel for the bass.

like once i had my 18" speakers in the cellar and put them on top of bureaus ??(sp) and pointed them up to the floor; and it was amazing the feel you got for being near the "stage".!

yes; combine big speakers and a sholer radio w/a transmitter. do it right the first time; IMO.