MZ-NH600

Rate this topic

I am using a sony mz-nh600. i have formatted a 1gb hi-md disc in it. when i connect it to my pc the minidisc unit comes up with pc - md but my pc does not recognize that it is connected. what do i have to do?

Is SonicStage or MD Simple Burner running at the time you connect your NH600? This applications lock the device in a way so tha Windows can't "see" it!

MD Simple Burner by default installs itself as self-launching at Windows startup, for example...

Cheers - Killroy.

Is SonicStage or MD Simple Burner running at the time you connect your NH600? This applications lock the device in a way so tha Windows can't "see" it!

MD Simple Burner by default installs itself as self-launching at Windows startup, for example...

Cheers - Killroy.

ive tried with and without the programs installed, also just with them istalled but not running on startup

Maybe you just need a different USB cord (they're standard, not proprietary--USB to USB mini, used by cameras, PDAs, etc.)

With the Sony apps Simple Burner and SonicStage not running, the PC should recognize the HiMD as a USB drive and pop open a window when it's connected. Unplug any other USB's just for the heck of it.

The PC-MD on the unit display just means something is plugged into the USB port on the unit. When Simple Burner or SonicStage senses it, the display changes to ACCESS PC--MD .

If it is showing up as a USB drive--that is, with the cord working--but the Sony apps can't find it, then disconnect it, run the MDAC Repair Tool from Downloads, open a Sony app and try connecting again.

Edited by A440

Maybe you just need a different USB cord (they're standard, not proprietary--USB to USB mini, used by cameras, PDAs, etc.)

With the Sony apps Simple Burner and SonicStage not running, the PC should recognize the HiMD as a USB drive and pop open a window when it's connected. Unplug any other USB's just for the heck of it.

The PC-MD on the unit display just means something is plugged into the USB port on the unit. When Simple Burner or SonicStage senses it, the display changes to ACCESS PC--MD .

If it is showing up as a USB drive--that is, with the cord working--but the Sony apps can't find it, then disconnect it, run the MDAC Repair Tool from Downloads, open a Sony app and try connecting again.

Tried a different cord and still nothing, no detection at all. is there a possibility i have a dud?

Okay, it might be the USB port on your unit. It also may be a loose connection within the unit. Do you hear the regular windows ding when you plug it in? Try pushing the cable in slightly to make sure it is making full contact. My system is AMD based and when I had my first N510 I had this problem. It turned out to be chipset drivers. Once I updated to the latest drivers I had no problems and have had no subsequent problems with any other unit since.

Okay, it might be the USB port on your unit. It also may be a loose connection within the unit. Do you hear the regular windows ding when you plug it in? Try pushing the cable in slightly to make sure it is making full contact. My system is AMD based and when I had my first N510 I had this problem. It turned out to be chipset drivers. Once I updated to the latest drivers I had no problems and have had no subsequent problems with any other unit since.

just tried another unit of exact same model and it worked fine on all three of my computers. the other one hoewever is not recognised at all. i'll try the port on my unit.