New Minidisc recording software

Rate this topic

creage

Hi all.

I`m just another minidisc user from Ukraine. I`ve bought my MZ-N 707 3 years ago and it still works fine. I have to use Paolo`s M3u2sb program to record my music, because I hate Sony`s programs and it's copyright protection bla bla bla.

Paolo`s program works just fine, but it has some interface problems and not so usable as it need to be.

So I deside to write my own program. I`ve find source code of Paolo`s program on his site, and after 2 weeks working on my Delphi IDE I`ve compiled a new program. It still uses Dino`s prinsiples, but now, in my program, this process more transparent for user. It uses Lame codec to convert mp3 files to image, and it uses Net MD Simple Burner 1.0 to record minidiscs.

Inteface of my program is very simple - left window contains your songs (Drag them to this window, or simply add by clicking button), right window contains images, ready to burn by NetMDSB. Simply drag songs from left window to right one and songs you dragged will be automatically converted to image-compatible. Then mount your image and run NetMDSB.

I`ve attached my program in Zip archive, so extract it anywhere oyu want it on your system.

You must to have Daemon Tools installed, and NetMD Simple Burner as well. Program will not work without this two program.

Any suggestions, bug reports and comments write to creage@mail.ru , or UIN 59153059.

TO DO:

I`m going to make independent recording interface without NetMDSB. Program will work on Dino`s prinsiple, but you will not use NetMDSB any more - just one program, not couple of them. I`m working on this.

Sorry for my English, it is not as well as I want it to be ).

Minidage_1.0.zip

yea... but there is no way other. Dino`s method requests to mount created image software, and software to burn this image. It is possible to make all of them in a one programm, but it is a huge work ).

How hard would it be to create a minidisc compliant plugin for winamp 5.21, using ml_pmp.dll as a base, now that it has support for virtually all other brands of portable devices?

There is some work being done on a winamp plugin for the sony harddrive players. (link below)

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?s=...in&pagenumber=1

If it is possible to make a plugin for the harddrive players, then shouldn't it be possible to make a plugin for the hi-md units that are mp3 compliant? Or, is MD protected even further than the other sony players?

I'm no expert, just a strong opponent of sony software.