MZRH1 coming to Australia!

Rate this topic

Zathura

Picked a unit up today from Go Audio in Melbourne Central.... SINGLE LINE REMOTE (MC38EL). Bummer.

Ah well. Lovely to have this BLACK unit in my hawt little hands. Got it for $499 because I told the guy that the only way I'll buy it would be at that price (Sefu could do better but I'm an impatient person!!).

Black is awesome. Discreteness at live gigs, plus it matches the OLED display a bit better. Lovely unit and I am very impressed with the way it drives my Sennheiser HD-600s compared to my iPod.

Main reason I picked it up was to upload my old bootlegs. This baby had better last ;)

I had a little fiddle with the RH1 today at Sony Central. A general gist of the unit:

DAMN LIGHT, sounds great and still comes with a single line remote :(. That 'dynamic normaliser' feature it comes with makes the music sound even louder although it doesnt look like you can actually use it in conjunction with the EQ or surround sound modes which is kinda crummy if you dont have the best sounding earphones (like I do).

The black is of course very slick, and the unit really doesnt feel like it's constructed of metal (even if the top and bottom sides really are). the OLED display on the unit is very fluid and responsive especially with the spectrum analyser. Definately a great little unit, and Im certainly glad I pre ordered one. Those of you who are wanting to get into location recording will love this unit. Those of you strictly wanting to use this for music playback are going to wanna buy that 3-line remote (rm-mc40elk) which can be bought for around $60-75AU off ebay I believe. Which reminds me, those of you who are complaining about the lack of external battery adaptor can also buy another genuine sony brand new (according to the ebay seller anyway) li-ion battery off ebay fairly cheap as well (approx. 30AU). Whether or not they're brand new or genuine is another matter but at least the option is there.

....back to my thumb twiddling....