Faulty MZ-RH1's Remote

Rate this topic

azza

My new MZRH1 remote was faulty 1 chanel cut out when inserted headphones into remote. Have sent back to place of purchace but no word as yet...about 3 weeks so far. Im a but annoyed as i use my MZRH1 mostly as a player and there are a few things like random play, track name and artist display, and easy navigation, editing, etc, can only be accessed through the remote..why sony has done this i dont know...like two steps back. Have no idea when i will recieve my replacement remote as it is a new product sony have no spare parts so will take months so im told....so there we go ive had my winge got that one off my chest...BLAH...

My new MZRH1 remote was faulty 1 chanel cut out when inserted headphones into remote. Have sent back to place of purchace but no word as yet...about 3 weeks so far. Im a but annoyed as i use my MZRH1 mostly as a player and there are a few things like random play, track name and artist display, and easy navigation, editing, etc, can only be accessed through the remote..why sony has done this i dont know...like two steps back. Have no idea when i will recieve my replacement remote as it is a new product sony have no spare parts so will take months so im told....so there we go ive had my winge got that one off my chest...BLAH...

*************************************************************************************

Hello, My MZRH1 remote has the same problem. I called Sony USA and was told that they would send me a new

remote. I received it on 7-30-06 and they sent me the WRONG ONE! It was a RM-MC60/SM, who knows what unit

it is for-but it certainly is not the right one! I will call Sony tomorrow and see what gives. I'll keep you posted.

8-17-06: Recieved second remote today from Sony....AGAIN they sent the

WRONG ONE!

Lots 'o luck,

Dennis

Dallas, Tx.

p.s. If you pull the plug out part way-you get stereo

Edited by Dennisaa

It was a RM-MC60/SM, who knows what unit it is for-but it certainly is not the right one!

lol That stinks. The MC60 came with the DH10P (North American, at least) and who knows what else since your Sony rep thinks it comes with the RH1...

... IPB Image

Maybe they have no more spare RH1 remotes because the Chinese are selling them all on eBay. ;)

Same problem discussed in this earlier thread (below)...be prepared to receive the *silver* remote and not a black one. When you contact Sony, it helped me to use as a reference, the fact that it uses the same remote as the MZ-NH900 (different color, but...). This way, they were able to pull up the correct remote...maybe now that it's been a couple more weeks, they can find you a black replacement remote.

And don't forget to take the ferrite core off the defective remote and put it on the new one in the same location.

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=16285

If you use your your rh1 mainly as a player then why did you pick the rh1? It's a model geared toward recording. I'd strongly recommend returning it and getting something you would really like for playback like the rh10 or dh10p.

If you use your your rh1 mainly as a player then why did you pick the rh1? It's a model geared toward recording. I'd strongly recommend returning it and getting something you would really like for playback like the rh10 or dh10p.

I strongly recommend you keep it. What on earth happens if you use the rh-1 as a player?. I wouldn't change the rh-1 for none of them, neither RH10 nor DH10P.

Regards

Edited by dogville

I strongly recommend you keep it. What on earth happens if you use the rh-1 as a player?. I wouldn't change the rh-1 for none of them, neither RH10 nor DH10P.

Regards

Finding a song on the RH1 using just the unit is like trying to find a needle in a haystack with a disc of say 100+ tracks (I currently have 315 on my main 1GB disc). It's even annoying with the remote as well, just because the lack of a jog dial, even though the remote can display track titles which makes it a little easier.

Firstly the rh10 and dh10p are not available in australia. The main reason for getting the mzrh1 was so is upload sp recorded music ( which i have about 300 ) to my pc...I just assumed these functions would be standard on the unit as they have been for almost enery unit released since md was born...But anyway i forgive sony now as i have just discovered that everything that i have dumped to md using md simple burner in net md mode is also transferable to my pc...very exciting as sometims i havent had the time to import cd to pc then burn to md...i have a md player in my car that does not support himd....if anyone knows if you can get car md head unit that does support himd please let me know...

Edited by azza

HiMD car units don't exist, so there is no other choices than using regular MDs.

@RobA : Why can't you understand that some people don't fit hundreds of tracks on a single media, making the RH1 a good choice for them ?

Whats the point backing to a 2nd Gen model for crying out loud? The RH1 is perfect for playback (Why do you want the fancy toys/features like a jog-dial? Leave them to the fancy-nancy iPod fans that all love a good looking player, which personally think it isnt). If you group songs, there's no problem. Spending a little less for a lot less for the RH10 or DH10P, and they're far more difficult to get hold of them new now. The RH1 is the dogs bollocks in terms of MD technology. Stop trying to drown it in mud.

Azza: Why don't you group the 300 tracks on your 1 GB disc in some way (Artist seperation by alphabetical order A-E, F-J etc etc) or by album. Thats why the group function is there. I do wish there was a way of jumping groups on the unit, thats my only little niggle. But I have a spare remote from my N510 if I need it.

Azza: Why don't you group the 300 tracks on your 1 GB disc in some way (Artist seperation by alphabetical order A-E, F-J etc etc) or by album. Thats why the group function is there. I do wish there was a way of jumping groups on the unit, thats my only little niggle. But I have a spare remote from my N510 if I need it.

He said he had 300 of SP recorded music. And due to backward compatibility, I suppose they are on several regular MDs. And you can hardly fit more than full album on a regular MDs recorded in SP (or 2 if this is the fake SP from SB / SonicStage).

Edited by Roamer

Whats the point backing to a 2nd Gen model for crying out loud? The RH1 is perfect for playback (Why do you want the fancy toys/features like a jog-dial? Leave them to the fancy-nancy iPod fans that all love a good looking player, which personally think it isnt). If you group songs, there's no problem. Spending a little less for a lot less for the RH10 or DH10P, and they're far more difficult to get hold of them new now. The RH1 is the dogs bollocks in terms of MD technology. Stop trying to drown it in mud.

Actually i have over 300 80min md,s recorded in analog...basically my whole music collection...i don't really own many cd for that matter...and a lot of compilations that i have recorded over the years....