Rip mini-disc mp3s back to computer?

Rate this topic

babywrath

Hi,

New here and not not very techy........I have Sony MD player,......removed Sonic/open MG software.......Real Player did everything fine,but now Real no longer recogises MD player........I have many mp3 files on mini-disc which I would like to tranfer to hard drive so I can put in to Ipod .Downloaded the Win NMD software from these forums but it records in real(way slow)time.Unless I couldn't figure it out???

IS itPossible???To quickly rip mp3s from SonyNetMD device to hard drive .???

da baby

NetMD units can't upload, period. You'd have to use the new RH1. The problem is, it sounds like you transcoded MP3 files to NetMD discs using RealPlayer. If your recordings were LP2 or LP4 transfers using Real or other NetMD software, no uploads are allowed, for copyright reasons.

Remember, your MP3's don't really exist on those discs: transcoded, copy-protected ATRAC copies of those MP3's do. Even the RH1 will not let you upload those recordings transferred by NetMD software - you'll have to do it in realtime. They will also likely sound very poor if re-compressed again to MP3, especially if they were 128kbps MP3's transcoded to 66kbps LP4 for your NetMD.

Edited by ZosoIV

NetMD units can't upload, period. You'd have to use the new RH1. The problem is, it sounds like you transcoded MP3 files to NetMD discs using RealPlayer. If your recordings were LP2 or LP4 transfers using Real or other NetMD software, no uploads are allowed, for copyright reasons.

Remember, your MP3's don't really exist on those discs: transcoded, copy-protected ATRAC copies of those MP3's do. Even the RH1 will not let you upload those recordings transferred by NetMD software - you'll have to do it in realtime. They will also likely sound very poor if re-compressed again to MP3, especially if they were 128kbps MP3's transcoded to 66kbps LP4 for your NetMD.

Thanks for response Z......I quick ripped with the ("CD direct to Net MD thingy")all in LP2. So I'm stuck re ripping all the CDs back on to the computer?