Sonic Stage 4.0 Music transfers

Rate this topic

cdog46

Hi everyone-

Bare with me as I am not that smart plus I am old and senile. I have HI-MD MZ-rh910 which I really use a lot and like very much. I thought-to not put it through so much wear and tare-I'd get a Sony WalkmanDigital Music Player which is essentially a memory stick that allows me to play ATRAC3 files with no moving parts.

My question: Isn't one now allowed to transfer as many times as I want between my Mini disk player as I want?? Not limited to 3 times? Why I need to know is that my flash player interfaces with Sonic stage also BUT I can not transfer music back on to Sonic STage. I have to delete the files on the flash player to make room for new files and believe it or not- NOWHERE in the 93 page CD player does it address my question.

I am suspicious that I would have to have 2 versions of Sonic stage in order to transfer back. What I'm saying is that my Sonic stage software does not know that the Flash device BELONGS TO ME. I paid for it, and every CD on it.

But I'm guessing that Sony-in their infinite paranoia-thiinks that MY flash player is NOT MY flash payer and that you might be pirating files using YOUR flash player from my computer and that's why I cannnot tansfer them back in to Sonic stage.

HELP! cdog

PS As an aside-this is a perfect example of Sony's paranoia of people copying their music where they let it get in the way of loyal customers useing their equipment. Paranoia overrules common sense. Sony-you're stupid about such matters. And I don't want to hear the BS that a few ruin it for the many-it's your (sony) paranoia-pure & simple.

Which flash player are you using ?

Secondly :I will suggest you to see here http://www.atraclife.com/forums/

In addition to my previously mentioned Minidisc player- I am useing a Sony Walkman Digital Music Player model NW-S205F which has an FM tuner in it plus 2 Gig of Flash which holds about 1350 atrac 3 songs. The directions, as I mentioned, makes no reference how to replenish music from Sonic Stage i.e. you can not reload it back into Sonic stage-only delete it and then add more.

The Flash player is a great little device that sounds good and is very unobtrusive. It hangs by a lanyard around my neck. It is also a digital pedometer and clock.

Hi everyone-

Bare with me as I am not that smart plus I am old and senile. I have HI-MD MZ-rh910 which I really use a lot and like very much. I thought-to not put it through so much wear and tare-I'd get a Sony WalkmanDigital Music Player which is essentially a memory stick that allows me to play ATRAC3 files with no moving parts.

My question: Isn't one now allowed to transfer as many times as I want between my Mini disk player as I want?? Not limited to 3 times? Why I need to know is that my flash player interfaces with Sonic stage also BUT I can not transfer music back on to Sonic STage. I have to delete the files on the flash player to make room for new files and believe it or not- NOWHERE in the 93 page CD player does it address my question.

I am suspicious that I would have to have 2 versions of Sonic stage in order to transfer back. What I'm saying is that my Sonic stage software does not know that the Flash device BELONGS TO ME. I paid for it, and every CD on it.

But I'm guessing that Sony-in their infinite paranoia-thiinks that MY flash player is NOT MY flash payer and that you might be pirating files using YOUR flash player from my computer and that's why I cannnot tansfer them back in to Sonic stage.

HELP! cdog

PS As an aside-this is a perfect example of Sony's paranoia of people copying their music where they let it get in the way of loyal customers useing their equipment. Paranoia overrules common sense. Sony-you're stupid about such matters. And I don't want to hear the BS that a few ruin it for the many-it's your (sony) paranoia-pure & simple.

In addition to my previously mentioned Minidisc player- I am useing a Sony Walkman Digital Music Player model NW-S205F which has an FM tuner in it plus 2 Gig of Flash which holds about 1350 atrac 3 songs. The directions, as I mentioned, makes no reference how to replenish music from Sonic Stage i.e. you can not reload it back into Sonic stage-only delete it and then add more.

The Flash player is a great little device that sounds good and is very unobtrusive. It hangs by a lanyard around my neck. It is also a digital pedometer and clock.

I am useing Sonic Stage 4.0

I think you really should head over to our sister forum at ALC and check out the Sonic Stage related threads over there. Although you also possess an md player this query relates to a non-MD related device -