Marantz Rack-mounted CD/MD Combo Deck

Webmaster

If I converted correctly, this unit costs around $750US. If the RH1 or anyother device did not exist to upload legacy MD digitally, and if it were about half as much - I'd buy one.

This unit looks great and I'm sure it is a quality product. I have a Denon (lower end Marantz, I believe) reciever/amp that sounds absolutely beautiful.

The fact that it doesn't support Hi-MD has me wondering whether Sony ever sold licenses to other companies to to allow them to market their own Hi-MD products.

The fact that it doesn't support Hi-MD has me wondering whether Sony ever sold licenses to other companies to to allow them to market their own Hi-MD products.

Yeah a Hi-MD full-size deck - equivalent to the MDS-JB980 deck - would have been awesome.

Though Sony must have done some licensing to other companies since there's those units by Onkyo...

http://www.minidisc.org/part_Hi-MD_Onkyo.html

i used to see the Dennon rack mount "Years Ago" at a local music/instrument shoppe;; what impressed me was that i think you could "loop" with it;; not sure.. like "A" to "B" thing..

this unit seems to be a duplicate of that;; maybe without the loops and A/B things..

i think there was also a "Quick start" which would ignore any silent space before the song and just play from the song when you picked a track with silence headers..

the price was never good enough to rate one;; i would rather DJ with TWO Sony 520 Decks..

Edited by rayzray

• 2 weeks later...

Not too long ago, I bought a Marantz CD player that looks a lot like the 6001, w/o the MD:

http://us.marantz.com/Products/1154.asp

If the DAC on the 6001 is the same used in the CD5001, then I'd be expecting some really good sound from the unit, because Marantz didn't waste much time with bells and whistles for the 5001, all the money went into its guts. Wow.

Bet we'll never see the 6001 in the U.S.