recording in hi-sp mode using standard 80min disc

Rate this topic

pepper

Just format your standard disc to Hi-MD mode, and that's it.

How do i format ???sorry im really trying to not sound too daft.Do you mean as long as i record in hi-md mode thats it.I have quite a lot of live shows coming up and really want to make the most/best of it.

You're probably already good to go. Check it: When you turn the unit on with a disc in it it will say 01 01 Hi-MD (blinking) and then, when it finishes reading, it will say Hi-SP below it.

If that's not what it says, then hold down Menu until you get the Edit/Display grouping, click up to REC SET, Enter and click to REC MODE and change it to Hi-SP.

If you have an old disc that was recorded in an old MD unit and you want to erase and reuse it in Hi-MD format, there's a FORMAT command under Edit. Make sure you no longer need whatever was on the disc before formatting it.

Edited by A440

By the way, the Hi-MD discs you've seen hold 1GB, which is a little over 3x as much storage as the 80-minute disc, which holds 300 MB in Hi-MD mode.

Hi-MD discs won't play in older MD units. Older MDs will play in Hi-MD units--they just don't hold as much.

By the way, the Hi-MD discs you've seen hold 1GB, which is a little over 3x as much storage as the 80-minute disc, which holds 300 MB in Hi-MD mode.

Hi-MD discs won't play in older MD units. Older MDs will play in Hi-MD units--they just don't hold as much.

Seems ive done it right,but sometimes we all need a bit of confirmation.I greatly appreciate the words of assurance,so it looks like all is ok.I love this site as people are so helpful.

... I have quite a lot of live shows coming up and really want to make the most/best of it.

For the best quality, use a 1GB disc (if you can find one) and record in PCM. Recording time and battery life are a bit shorter, but the quality might be worth it.

For the best quality, use a 1GB disc (if you can find one) and record in PCM. Recording time and battery life are a bit shorter, but the quality might be worth it.

Getting hold of a hi-md 1gb is easy,i think they are about 3 quid.Im happy with what im doing at the minute,but might be adventurous and get one.

Getting hold of a hi-md 1gb is easy,i think they are about 3 quid.Im happy with what im doing at the minute,but might be adventurous and get one.

I was happy too recording from microphones in Hi-SP

... until I started editing the recordings seriously - equalizing by +5dB@12kHz reveals rather nasty artefacts of ATRAC...