A brand new MZ-RH1, a linux machine and... HELP!

Rate this topic

kyriu

So I got my new MZ-RH1. It's beautifull. Really. Beautifull. After reading USB mass storage type of connection, recording to PCM I thought: "well, this is the thing and will have to problems with my linux machine". tuspid me. Now I have my first recorded gig on this machine, mounted the thing on the Linux laptop and only see hma files. Can someone direct me to how to make this to .wav?! Anyone with a Linux box? Or I'm I doomed to analog transfers :|

greets,

So I got my new MZ-RH1. It's beautifull. Really. Beautifull. After reading USB mass storage type of connection, recording to PCM I thought: "well, this is the thing and will have to problems with my linux machine". tuspid me. Now I have my first recorded gig on this machine, mounted the thing on the Linux laptop and only see hma files. Can someone direct me to how to make this to .wav?! Anyone with a Linux box? Or I'm I doomed to analog transfers :|

greets,

Whatever you do DO NOT mess with the file system , you have a Linux box , what you need is a Virtual Machine with OSX or WinXP on it

VMWare has a Beta out you can get for free (It is like Parrallels ) but you will still need an OS for the software .

MD Transfer 2.0 is the Mac version , Sonic Stage is the Windows software .

If you can get MD Transfer to work on the Linux that would be cool because OSX is UNIX based and basically Linux is as well .

Whatever you do DO NOT mess with the file system , you have a Linux box , what you need is a Virtual Machine with OSX or WinXP on it

VMWare has a Beta out you can get for free (It is like Parrallels ) but you will still need an OS for the software .

MD Transfer 2.0 is the Mac version , Sonic Stage is the Windows software .

If you can get MD Transfer to work on the Linux that would be cool because OSX is UNIX based and basically Linux is as well .

Better die than install Windows on any of my computers. Mac is a Unix but there are all kinds of Nixes, don't think it will work... Goddamn... I'll think of something (maybe sonicstage on one of the labs pcs...). Hell... There is always the old school style: analog transfer...

Thanx,

Edited by kyriu

Better die than install Windows on any of my computers. Mac is a Unix but there are all kinds of Nixes, don't think it will work... Goddamn... I'll think of something (maybe sonicstage on one of the labs pcs...). Hell... There is always the old school style: analog transfer...

Thanx,

well the MD Transfer 2.0 is a U.B. so maybe it could be ported ? your running the Linux on Intell , maybe there is a way to get at the header files

update .. I found this

http://notmd.sourceforge.net/ it might run on Linux ( In fact on the requirements page it mentions linux)

• 2 weeks later...