Decision (need help or suggestions)

Rate this topic

gabgar

I had a choice to buy a new MZ-M200 Hi-MD Recorder and or get a used MDS-JB930 deck.

Well I got the MDS JB930 to have it set up for my Stereo system.

Its very nice and well kept. It's built like a tank.

but now I am having second thoughts and think that I should have bought the new portable one since most of music well, I hear is On-the-Go.

1) is the Mz-200 able to connect to an audio receiver also and record from CD?

2) is the Mz-200 fragile? (have never seen or touch one in person)

3) could you connect the MZ-200 , much like an Ipod , to an auxilary input on a car stereo which has that?

Thanks for information

Edited by gabgar

I think like most of us here you will end up with BOTH.

The JB930 will be wonderful for capturing sound from analog, and playing back also into your stereo.

The RH1 will be great for uploading.

If you don't get an RH1, you will need to buy a sound card with digital input (Toslink or Coax). This was the only way to get decent sound into the computer prior to HiMD, and even now for pre-HiMD recordings unless you have an RH1. Then you can play back the digital into the 'puter and you have WAV files that you can edit, burn to CD, etc etc.

To answer your questions:

1. yes you can record digital or analog into both JB930 and RH1

2. don't think of actually using the RH1 as a portable player... it's much too precious. The jog lever is known to get loose, and you can buy lots and lots of players on ebay for as little as $10.

3. Playing back into car stereo is achievable with a cassette - there's a gizmo that came with one or more MD recorders to do that. but it's the same thing I got from Philips years ago with a portable discman. Broadcasting is not built into any of the portables. I am just negotiating buying a MD car changer that broadcasts to the FM but that is likely to cost you a fair whack, depending on your location. There's only one, it's called a MDX-66XLPRF and it's only available in Japan. Go figure.

Thanks...

Well I gotta save a little to get the RH1 but let me ask you , can you use the "Sony MD-8HCL Head Cleaner" to clean the MDS-JB930?

Thanks

I've had various MD's for years, have never had the occasion to use a lens cleaner, a Q-tip or small puff of air should be all you need

Bob