MZ N910 0r MZ N707?

Rate this topic

nrand

Does any one know if there are any differences in quality between these two? My R700 is showing sounds of noise on playback - it might just need a clean but I might need to think about a replacement. USB connectyion seems a sensible thing to have and I don' t really need HI-MD. Are there any issues to be aware of with either of these?

Thanks

I have a 707 and a 910. They are both good quality but for me the 910 which has an all metal case, is much more solid feeling. The 707 has a plastic case, no metal at all. The 707 takes a single AA battery, or a rechargeable AA with charging circuitry built in. The 909 uses the gumstick style battery, and I think it has an AA sidecar. The 910 is a bit more slim as the 707 has the battery bulge in the back. Also, if I recall, the 910 has a back lit remote with a one line display, my 707 remote has no display. As far as sound goes, they both really have a great sound.

I think they came out around the same time, the 910 probably sold for US 50 - 100 more due to the premium nature of the unit by comparison.

as well as the record head wiring problem, 707's seem to be particularly hardest hit, if I were me going for anothe one I would got at least to an NH-700 or 800

Bob

Thanks there seem to be a few of the 910s around - they seem to be very similar to the N1. They are all over $100 on ebay still.

Actually there's one more thing - the 707 doesn't have Type-S playback. This is a huge improvement (for LP2 and LP4 playback only), unless you use SP exclusively, I'm a bit surprised you don't notice it.

Cheers

Stephen

Almost all of my recordings are SP. I'll have to experiment with one of my portables with a Type-S DSP, my N10 or R910. I have always thought that LP2 sounded ok, but not high enough quality to amplify too much.

The browser says that the 910 is more akin to the N10.

Almost all of my recordings are SP. I'll have to experiment with one of my portables with a Type-S DSP, my N10 or R910. I have always thought that LP2 sounded ok, but not high enough quality to amplify too much.

The browser says that the 910 is more akin to the N10.

I ended up getting two so I have a back up for the longer term. I bought an MZ NH1 and an MZ N910.

I ended up getting two so I have a back up for the longer term. I bought an MZ NH1 and an MZ N910.

Excellent, I love all of my full metal body units the most. The NH1 is a great unit too, the first HiMD I bought new for around 350 USD back in the summer of 2004, it's a very solid unit, but I still baby it ...

Enjoy your new MD units!