SonicStage

Rate this topic

sfbp

I am really annoyed. I can't be sure what sequence of events set this off, but this morning either SonicStage or its File Conversion Tool "touched" about half my music collection.

Consequences:

a. when doing my semi-regular backup a jillion files had to be copied even though they weren't actually changed.

b. directories that had date information now essentially don't have any. So sorting files with anything except SonicStage itself is now an incredible pain.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Stephen

Urgh. It sounds like only half your files were updated with 'new info' and for whatever reason the other half was left untouched. So the software must have been interrupted before it could complete the procedure for all of the files.

Maybe Sonicstage routinely updates the whole database but at irregular intervals. Does that mean there is no warning of when any new changes are due? If that's the case then this is another Sonicstage quirk we just have to live with.

I have a feeling this may have arisen because I ran the FCT ***not*** from within SS. But it's disgusting, all the same.

There's a rumour that all HD-based .oma files can be unencrypted without using FCT and without having a valid SonicStage set of encryption keys.

I wonder if this means that FCT doesn't actually NEED currently valid files but will unencrypt everything?

• Richard changed the title to SonicStage