2 SONY REPLACEMENT NH-14WM GUMSTICK BATTERY MD Walkman

Rate this topic

fourbanks

Are these any good does anyone know as i have just got hold of a mz-r909 ?

thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-SONY-REPLACEMENT-NH-14WM-GUMSTICK-BATTERY-MD-Walkman-/370522073791?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DDLSL%252BSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%252BDDSIC%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D320749897546%252B320749897546%26po%3D%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2618237397967898242

Are these any good does anyone know as i have just got hold of a mz-r909 ?

thanks

http://www.ebay.co.u...237397967898242

Till the batery is a Ni-Mh, has the right size and the right voltage, you can rock with it.

I use ALSO

- 1 Panasonic 1350 mAh Ref. HHF-AZ01

- 1 Panasonic 900mAh ref. HHF-AZ09

batteries with my RH900 and there is no problem.

Till the batery is a Ni-Mh, has the right size and the right voltage, you can rock with it.

I use ALSO

- 1 Panasonic 1350 mAh Ref. HHF-AZ01

- 1 Panasonic 900mAh ref. HHF-AZ09

batteries with my RH900 and there is no problem.

thanks PhilippeC i will order up a couple

the sound on this unit is very good and is as new so am well pleased

Hi Nick. Yes, usually. I have a recorder in for repair now with one of these gumsticks 'in the slot'. The top of the green outer has been cut away at the positive end, and replaced with thin insulating tape. Obviously a common problem, as I have heard of this before. The excess of plastic can prevent the contact strip making with the top of the battery - the contact comes from the side, across the thin edge and onto the contact 'pip', rather than coming at the battery from 'above' the contact, if you see what I mean. Must be very frustrating for users with no mechanical bent as they will just assume the batteries are crap and complain to the seller. And that could be another MD user lost to the iPoo.

I have never used these batteries myself, always prefering the Pisen brand from HK.

Jim

Hi Nick. Yes, usually. I have a recorder in for repair now with one of these gumsticks 'in the slot'. The top of the green outer has been cut away at the positive end, and replaced with thin insulating tape. Obviously a common problem, as I have heard of this before. The excess of plastic can prevent the contact strip making with the top of the battery - the contact comes from the side, across the thin edge and onto the contact 'pip', rather than coming at the battery from 'above' the contact, if you see what I mean. Must be very frustrating for users with no mechanical bent as they will just assume the batteries are crap and complain to the seller. And that could be another MD user lost to the iPoo.

I have never used these batteries myself, always prefering the Pisen brand from HK.

Jim

hI JIM

Thanks i wasn't sure if i should have removed the whole wrapper leaving just the bare metal or just remove just one end of the wrapper

The battery appears to charge ok but drops a bar in the first 15 minutes so i will address this thread again at some point with my further findings

Most NiMH batteries need at least 3 full charge/discharge cycles before they will behave.

Good luck!

Many thanks for your knowledge in this field

The Sony battery is very hard to find that and with no help in their forum it's a wonder anyone buys anything Sony in the first place there service in the UK is very poor

Having said that the service of all the main players is poor except for denon

In the old days I use to hang around with all of the main Japanese chairman and directors when they were in London sharing of ideas and in general promoting Hi-Fi at its very best

Today however everything has changed the spark has gone out and the future uncertain for all of Japan which is a tragedy for all

I just paid