Export SonicStage's Library Information

Rate this topic

ojos504

Hi!

I tried to export the information of my SonicStage Library, or a playlist, into let's say a *.csv text File, but couldn't find that functionnality. My intention is to import the data (trackname, all it's attributes, path) into a spreadsheet in order to manage the more than eight hundred tracks that I have recorded. Main reason I need this, is that I plan to change a HDD in my system (after a crash) and want to secure access to my recordings after replacement. A spreadsheet would be very useful to monitor the status of each track (whether it's restricted or not, whether I have converted it to wav or not) , and the different locations where reside the different versions of the track. (While many of the original tracks exist still on my Hi-MD's, I also have overwritten some of them, and my MD-Player is getting older and weaker...)

Does SonicStage offer such a feature as exporting a playlist as *.csv file ? Or: Does some third party plugin offer such functionality ? Or: Does there exist some software that can extract the information from the SonicStage database?

Thanks in advance

You could open the database in Access or SQL Server. Be very careful not to "touch" or modify the contents of any sound files. This inevitably requires them to be removed and readded to be used in SS.

HOWEVER, I would be inclined to do two things:

1. List out all the directories under your SS imported files.
2. Write yourself a utility to parse the headers (they are almost identical to MP3 with "ID3" replaced by "EA3"). Get all those headers into your own excel spreadsheet.

You can find out the meanings of some of the headers from the MP3 docs, and the rest from the #linux-minidisc sources. Good luck!

Mine looks like this (no guarantees):

SSdb.jpg

You'll still need to figure out the meanings of all the fields (in the database), as well as all the fields (in the headers of the files) to get what you want. I wouldn't bother to try and track WAV files at all - things get very confusing and WAV files don't have metadata (in the file).