Nero + Simple Burner Method: A Guide [+ download links]

Rate this topic

Jermz

I know a lot of users are having issues with NERO and some of the bundled CD's that came with burners don't even have ImageDrive on them which you need. Poloroid used to host a full version of NERO for download... but I guess so many people hit it they decided to take it down... sorry people, if someone has it and would like to host it please let me know so we can put the link back up here...

ANYWAY

I cannot remember if ImageDrive was a listed option when I installed that version, but it was there, after installing NERO search for the word "Image" and you will find "NeroImageDriveInst". This is the installation for ImageDrive. So now hopefully a few users will stop using OpenMG and just use the NERO - Simple Burner method that works the way things should work.

IN CASE YOUR CLUELESS ABOUT THE STEPS FOR DINO'S METHOD

1.) Open NERO and create a new Audio CD.

2.) Click the new button on the right of the window.

3.) Click the button at the top of the screen (below the toolbar) that says Choose Recorder.

4.) Select the Image Recorder and click OK.

5.) Add the files (MP3, WAV, CDA, WMA, RA) you want to put on your MD.

6.) Click on Write CD under File on the toolbar.

7.) A window will open up, click the Write button.

8.) Another window will open, save the .nrg image file to the desktop, or where ever you wish, it is just easier to find it on the desktop later.

9.) Click Save and NERO will begin writing the .nrg file to your hard drive. This will take some time depending on how many tracks you added.

10.) Let Nero finish and exit Nero.

11.) Open Nero ImageDrive.

12.) Click the button with the ... and select the .nrg file you created, SEE WHY YOU SHOULD PUT IT ON YOUR DESKTOP?!?

13.) Click the Load button. If you have AutoInsert Notification turned on an Audio CD will play. This is what tricks Simple Burner into thinking that you put a CD into your computer to rip audio tracks from.

14.) Open Simple Burner and select the drive the Image was mounted to.

You should know the routine from there. I havent figured out how to title the tracks in NERO and have those titles recognized by Simple Burner. There are programs out there that will title the tracks, but I haven't used any of them because its not that time consuming to title the tracks by hand in Simple Burner by selecting the track and hitting F2.

[Edit by moderator: iceeedtea]

Before you install Simple Burner, make sure that you have a working, functional copy of SonicStage 2.0 [sonicStage 1.5/OpenMG 2.2] installed on your computer. Simple Burner requires key components of the previously stated programs to function properly.

Downloads

Simple Burner 1.0:

Link - hosted by my-minidisc.de

Link - hosted by MiniDisc T-Station

Nero Burning Rom:

Link - nero.com

Please note that the download from the official website is a trial version. Do not post keys to the software on this board, or you will be banned.

DAEMON Tools - a good alternative to Nero ImageDrive:

Link

• 1 year later...

And adding to that, some further useful infomation:

For those of you who do not have or do not wish to purchase NERO BURNING ROM, you can instead use the NERO FAST BURNING PLUGIN for WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 9 SERIES....

WMP 9 is free from microsoft, as well as the plugin, which is free from the makers of NERO... This plugin will allow you to burn WMA/MP3/WAV files to a "NERO IMAGE" (.nrg) file, which can be mounted with Daemon Tools (also free)...

Then just use Simple Burner as described above...

• 5 weeks later...

OK...I'm clueless !!!!!

I have NERO 6 OEM and all the updates loaded. I can not find any feature that resembles what has been stated above concerning burning a CD .

I can't even do Steps 1,2,3 because when I open NERO there is no windows or buttons that even look like what has been described.

I can click on Make An Audi CD but the rest of the buttons you have indicated are not even on that screen....

Do I have the wrong NERO disk ???? I have NERO OEM 6 fully loaded with all updates, (4).

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacky:

Thank you for all your help. :smile: I think the problem lies in the fact that the layout of NERO 6 is much different than what you are using. I have updated NERO 6 and the windows are all different.

Anyhow, I did finally find my way around and burn a test.nrg file to the image file and saved it. That would be up to about item 10 on the "how to do list"

I then opened the NERO IMAGEDRIVE and clicked on the ... button, found my test.nrg file and it is now sitting in the window that says "imagedrive"

Below that is a "destination" choice window and the only two choices I have are(1) IMAGEDRIVE or my (2) F Drive which is my CD writer.

I do not have a LOAD button but at the bottom of the screen is a NEXT button.

If I choose the F Drive, and press NEXT the drive pops open and wants a disk...no disk in it.

If I choose the Image drive and press NEXT all I am really doing is creating a duplicate of my .nrg file.

I'm not sure if the fact that do not have AutoInsert selected for my top CD drive is effecting this. I know that if I do put an audio CD in my top CD drive it does not automatically start to run. Where would I see if I have AUTOINSERT selected (WIN2KPro)

I am also not sure if NERO 6 will record on the IMAGEDRIVE, mp3s and WAV files. Does it matter if they are mixed up. My test file was all WAV files..

Any ideas???

Further to my last..................I have found in my programs Files a file that is called IMAGE DRIVE.EXE but if I try to action it , I get a message that says my "licence does not allow me to use that application".

I purchased NERO 6 with the 4 updates and the updates have the Image drive in them...thus it is in my programs...but why can I not use the NERO IMAGE DRIVE program.

Is it because I purchased an OEM NERO 6 package??? :sad::sad:

Anyhow, does anyone know where I can get the entire NEROIMAGEDRIVEINST package???? huh.gif

I'm having problems getting Simple Burner to access the image I created and mounted using ImageDrive.

I am running Nero 6.03 and SB 1.0 with the update, also Sonic Stage 2.0. I did some research on AutoInsert or Autoplay on Windows 2000. I enabled autoplay which is actually checking the disable button.

Basically, If I enable, disable or not configure Autoplay, I still cannot get simple burner to stop asking to load a cd into the drive.

To modify Autoplay (windows2000) or AutoInsert go to:

1)start

2)run

3)gpedit.msc

4)Go to Computer Configuration-> Administrative Templates -> System

5) Double click on "disable autoplay" (windows2000)

6) Read explain.

7) choose disable to enable autoplay

Any help is appreciated. Seems like a lot of people of these boards have got it to work. So what's missing hear.

Lisa

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Ascariss

I tried this method a week ago and it worked fine, but what I didn't notice was that I didn't transfer enough songs to fill up the MD, maybe only 2/3 or less than that. But when I tried an entire MD, it only record up to song 28-30 or so, with each song on average 4.5 min, LP2 mode of course.

So being kinda puzzled, I opened up SS2.0 that I downloaded and had installed before. I will not dispute the claims that SS takes up a lot of PC resources, and its slow at times, but it was actually faster than using this method described in this tut.

But what I did was this, opened up winamp, selected the songs I wanted, and kept the entire length under the MD's capacity, and renamed the songs so that the title included the artist and song name. Saved the M3U list and then opened SS2.0. After it opened I imported the list and then stuck on my MD and moved the songs over and it was done rather quickly. :grin:

• 1 month later...