What do you think about this forum's style?

Rate this topic

Christopher

What do you think about the new style?  

1. 1. What do you think about the new style?

• I like it! Keep it default.
    • Not bad, but it'd be better if we had a choice between the old green one and this.
    • Get rid of it! :P

Very well done, but the old one should be available as an alternative choice.

Found a bug:

The 'Select a forum' listbox and the access rights status are pushed out of the browser window on the right side.

But only, when the quick reply is visible.

Hmm, making the textbox smaller should fix it...

WinXP, Opera 7.52 and Mozilla 1.6

I'll make one and put it up for your viewing.

Link follows in a few minutes here.

Here ya go (warning to dial-up):

http://www.jadeclaw.de/forum1.jpg

When I scroll to the right, I find the rest:

http://www.jadeclaw.de/forum2.jpg

I also checked the source, the textbox has the " cols='50' " set, that is normally as wide as it is in the regular post screen.

And pasting the code segment containing the textbox into a file and displaying it in a browser window reveals no problems.

I guess, something is fishy in the CSS in the 'post' class.

Problem appears in IE, Opera and Mozilla.

Reduced the minimum fontsize down to 8, doesn't help. And it doesn't explain the behavior in IE as it isn't possible to adjust the fontsize there.

I checked the CSS myself, including the imported formIE and there is nothing, that could create that effect.

On the other paw, switching my browser to user mode corrects the problem.

Trust me, I'm at a loss here as well.

The nested tables maybe...

Much cleaner look. I like it very much. Kurisu is making my minidisc experience much more enjoyable. I liked the karma points and would give you one if I could.

The only thing I noticed is that it is harder to tell new posts or replies becouse the color stays the same. It would be cool if new posts and replies flashed in a different color so you can scroll through the forum and spot the different color at a glance instead of looking for the pulsating icon. But either way this forum kicks ass and Kurisu is on top of it.

Thanx for the Forum,

Jon M. LaBato

PS>Radiohead does sound good on minidisc.

I like them all. The newer albums keep getting more and more complex. I have a clip of them on SNL that shows them using a weird instrument that looked like a giant switch board and it made some cool sounds. I can send it to you if you like. The one I listen to the most is the live one. I can't remember what it is called but it is live and kicks ass. The vocals are supreme and the music is so technical it must be amazing to see.And it does'nt skip when I hit bumpy sigletrack on the mountain bike. Minidisc is sweet.

The forums are getting better, the speed has increased in the last month. I can tell the difference on my 1.5MB DSL connection. The new theme is cool, I like the colors. The index is also very easy to follow and should help newbies (like me) post in the apropriete topics. I dig the view since last visit option.

jonnyrobato@yahoo.com

• 4 weeks later...

Screenshot? Easy!

Make the browser window active (click into it),

press and hold the ALT-key then press the Print-key.

Now start MSPaint and with Ctrl-V you paste the screenshot into the paint program. Now save the thing as .jpg (JPEG-file) and send it off...

And speaking of IE: Don't use it. Not only doesn't it support all current Web-technologies, it has some real nasty security holes as well - including one, that allows to install a virus by dragging the scrollbar-slider...

Better alternatives: www.mozilla.org, www.opera.com , www.getfirefox.com

I think, his screen resolution is the problem here.

The browser window must have atleast a width of 1042 pixels on the inside.

His screenshot is 800 pixels wide. And the clip controls show the window maximised.

Closer inspection reveals, that the edit window and the 'Jump to' listbox are setting the width needed.

Possible solution: cut down on the descriptions in the listbox, especially this entry:

<option value="f15">|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|--Importing and the Japanese MD/Hi-MD scene + MD/Hi-MD Media Discussion</option>

I think, his screen resolution is the problem here.

The browser window must have atleast a width of 1042 pixels on the inside. 

His screenshot is 800 pixels wide. And the clip controls show the window maximised. 

Closer inspection reveals, that the edit window and the 'Jump to' listbox are setting the width needed.

Possible solution: cut down on the descriptions in the listbox, especially this entry:

<option value="f15">|&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;|--Importing and the Japanese MD/Hi-MD scene + MD/Hi-MD Media Discussion</option>

It would require far too much effort for me just to do this. I will keep researching on what I can do, but it will not be an easy task.

oh yeah and every once and a while this happens:

if you could fix the subtrails i will be really happy  :grin:

This is because someone pasted a really large link in that forum that stretched the post width all the way to the right. I will see what I can do about this.

Additionally, I can't fix subtrail for you at the moment. Please consider using another resolution besides 800x600.

• 3 weeks later...