ebay dissaster

Rate this topic

watcher666

Hi

Im was'nt sure what forum to put this in, so sorry if it's the wrong one! :wink:

I've just brought an MZ-NH1 on ebay for £150 at the buy it now price! (i should have guessed it wasnt right because it was so cheap). The unit was described as "only 3 week's old and in good condition".

It arrived yesterday, it has a HUGE dent in the rear panel, several deep scratches on the back, and another big dent to the top right corner which actually has bowed out the metal housing!!! When trying to play a MD the motor sound's and feel's like it's stuck and "judder's" for a few second's before finding the track! :sad:

Im absolutely fuming and have emailed the guy but i don't stand any chance of getting my money back! mad.gif

Sorry, i had to get it off my chest.

Yeah report him to ebay, what a tosser, insist that he is band. Good condition would mean 100% operatoinal but may show signs of light use. What was his rating? never buy off anyone with a very low rating. People setup multiple accounts to shift shite.

Also did you pay through paypal? You might be able to talk to your credit card company if it was billed through that via paypal. Most credit card companies claim to protect you on line, so this could be argued to be an online transaction. Prob, won't work, they are very slippery but worth a try.

Email him telling him he has 7 days to contact you and refund your money otherwise you will be persuing him through the courts. Small claims are very easy to do and should cost you nothing.

You guys are missing the first thing to do, which is to contact the seller. One can not go ahead with any action before speaking to the seller. If they are unwilling to comply then you threaten them with negative feedback and then go to ebay and paypal.

Getting your money back from the CC-Paypal transaction won't work because you contracted Paypal to charge your credit card, which they did successfully. You can't have those charges reversed.

You must follow the proper protocol first before they'll assist you and that involves speaking to the seller and saving those conversations.

The bank can have the charges reversed all right, but Paypal will try to cover their coward @$$ and freeze the account, saying that "Your bank told us there was an unauthorized withdrawal from your account, and for your protection, we have frozen your account".

*curses in 7 different languages at Paypal*

People have had issues with Paypal charging previous people you've had transactions with if they can't get their money from someone else. It's scary, but very much true. I don't know how legal it is and how they get away with it.

I'm waiting for banks and CC companies to get a program together. It's only a metter of time until they offer payment services.

I suggest you file a complaint right away. Take pictures of the player and submit them to PP and Ebay, and show your seller you mean business. Regardless of what he/she says, by selling the item on ebay he agrees to abide by their rules and regulations, and misrepresenting the state of goods sold is forbidden.

Don't go down without a fight, at least. Good luck.

Never ever use Paypal!

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

@hobgoblin: Ebay is not a problem, if you follow some basic rules:

1.) Check seller ratings. A high number of complaints is a warning sign. Be careful, if the seller has marked his ratings private.

2.) Check, if the seller has sold a ton of small, low value objects and suddenly starts selling high priced goods.

3.) Be careful, when the seller has no ratings.

4.) Compare pictures and the description given.

5.) Use an escrow service for high priced items. If the seller refuses that one, the article offered is defective or something else is wrong.

If the seller offers an escrow service, don't use it. It could be a sham. Ebay offers one, plus there are 2 or 3 independent escrow services in the US.

6.) Avoid sending money to a foreign country using an untraceable service like a Western Union money order.

7.) Don't use Paypal.

only problem with that, Jade, is paypal is so interlinked with ebay it's almost impossible to use anything else.

no one wants to accept credit cards directly, and checks are out of the question. someone can still rip you off with money order and cash. you're really kind of screwed any way you go.

this is why I don't buy anything expensive over ebay. Like, when I do purchase my ipod mini, it will be local or direct from apple. Over ebay, I only really buy CDs. if someone stiffs me, it's no big deal, I lost a whole ten bucks.