New Himd - Ridiculous Rumours From Japan

Rate this topic

Wundoo

I've seen the MZDH10P also in some release list. Don't know anything about it though. Anyone?

The RH10 is going to get me off my MT190. Finally MP3-playback and a supersexy Oled display and not so expensive. Sony, I think you might be seeing the light!

Apparently that one will the unit to have. Very expensive though. I hope cheapelectrics has info on them.

On a sidenote, Sony Japan has nothing on the new units on its internet pages and despite the fact, that HiMD seems to take off now,

there are still manufacturers coming out with MDLP equipment:

Fujitsu Eclipse with two double-DIN units and a single DIN unit

for the car (mech. Translation).

And finally something to laugh:

Denon is going back to the forties with this one

It even plays your old shellac thingies...

(mech. Translation).

Have fun.

Wow, the RH10 is very pretty! I don't know if I can justify the price difference over the 910 since it looks like exactly the same model except for the display, but it's pretty.

Definitely not quite the revolutionary machines we have been dreaming about; nice new features and it's GREAT MP3 is finally native... not sure what else I was expecting...

I'll probably end up with a 910 unless I just go crazy and have to get a drool-worthy one... wink.gif

Wow, the RH10 is very pretty! I don't know if I can justify the price difference over the 910 since it looks like exactly the same model except for the display, but it's pretty.

Definitely not quite the revolutionary machines we have been dreaming about; nice new features and it's GREAT MP3 is finally native... not sure what else I was expecting...

I'll probably end up with a 910 unless I just go crazy and have to get a drool-worthy one... wink.gif

The RH10 also has better batteries, and I expect it to be thinner, but the exact sizes I don't know.

"• Supports all popular digital audio compression formats: ATRAC / MP3 / WMA / WAV"

The machine will support it or sonicstage will convert all formats to atrac for downloading?

I think that Sonicstage supports ATRAC / MP3 / WMA / WAV and the machine ATRAC / MP3.

Where did the original information about the new models come from? Can't find a press release anywhere online.

I don't know where my source got it.

Edited by Breepee2

very nice post, Breepee2 wink.gif

I think sony is right to cancel the 5**/6** series ... they were at the end just useless..

my problem with the RH10 is the that you might see scratches on it like on an ipod and that the display is not good readable when reflecting the light .. we´ll see

there are many good things like batteries also for the rh10 and the navigation seems to be a focus of these new models .. can´t wait to see more cool.gif

I'm guessing a DH10p would be a downloader or something, not unlike the NH3D is to the current generation of Hi-MD.

So I'm curious-- what's this big revelation that you all were hoping for? Larger capacity discs? Are there any drawbacks to this new lineup over the previous generation?

I think direct mp3 playback is what most old school MD users have been holding out for... they should finally be happy and interested in MD again, perhaps.

Let's be honest-- even if Sony did come up with 2GB discs or something like that, when do you think we'd even see them in stores? biggrin.gif It took so long for 1GB discs to become available...

Here's my take: if these things played back AAC natively they could really dip into the iTunes / iPod crowd a bit. We'll never be 100% satisfied will we? Of course if we were... it'd get boring tongue.gif

Edited by Rumz