Just Joined Allofmp3.com

Rate this topic

Syrius

Hi guys. While I certainly don't frown on High-bitrate MP3, I was wondering if any of the other compressed formats would you recommend. I basically want to get more fidelity for my money. (I will only be using lossy compressed when lossless are not available)

So right now I have the choice of downloading in MP3, Musepack, AAC, Ogg, and WMA. Suggestions? Much thanks.

For OE encodings (shows 384 Max),it is reencoded from VBR 384 Mp3 file. Hence for best quality you should use mp3 lame at the highest possible setting.

For OEEX (sp?) it is reencoded from uncomressed, you can use whatever format suits your needs. Personally I would go for CBR 320 Lame Mp3, just for compatability purposes.

After using allofmp3 for some time, I prefer to buy CD's as the prices soon start to mount up and the quality could be questionable.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NRen2k5

384kBps is not inside the MP3 specifications.

Winamp usually has  no problems with it,

the players included with Linux usually play these as well.

For the highest quality, I would say, use OGG or Musepack.

Preferably Musepack. Musepack is the best lossy codec at high bitrates, bar none.

How can I get out of it?

I thought you just pay every time you want a "refill" giving new credit card details each time.

Preferably Musepack. Musepack is the best lossy codec at high bitrates, bar none.

Yes, but would you not agree that it is a bit of a hassle having to re-encode later on, since support for musepack is really low in the dap world.

Me neither. Up to this point and unless it's proven otherwise, the service is perfectly legal. And I doubt they'd target the users of the service if it's proven later on that they didn't have the rights to sell this music.