Help: MD Simple Burner doesn't recognise CD drive

Rate this topic

mercurius

I've just installed the software for my new MZ RH910 and have been trying to copy my first CD to MD via the MD Simple Burner s/w. I installed MD Simple Burner 2.00 and SonicStage v3.0 from the disc that came with my unit, then updated to Sonicstage v3.2 from Sony's website.

I run the CD drive compatibility test but every time it tells me that the test has failed. Help! Is there a problem with the Sony software or can it be true? I've never had any problems before with the CD drive.

Can anyone please advise what I can do to make it work? Is it an incompatibility problem with the CD driver software and if so is it possible to correct by updating the CD driver?

Many thanks in advance for your help,

mercurius

merc, I guess we all would like to help... but how can we say anything about your CD-drive, as we do not even know the make/model

please post your complete specs and a full description of the problem as stated in the rules

Apologies for posting without the full spec - you're not mindreaders!

The system is a Pentium 4, 2.4 gig, 512MB RAM, with 80gig hard drive, running Windows XP Home Edition with MS Service Pack 2 loaded. I also run Panda Platiunum Internet security as my antivitrus s/w.

The CD drive is made by LG and is a 52x24x52 CD-RW (GCE8523B).

I have MD Simple Burner 2.00 loaded and updated to SonicStage v3.2 when I installed the Sony software for the first time last night.

When I run the CD drive test, an error message keeps coming up which says that the drive failed. However, the drive works OK when I use it normally.

I hope this now gives you enough information to help me diagnose the problem.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks,

mecurius

• 7 years later...

try looking (use *oogle, not the somewhat limited search engine here) for references to PX20 on this site.

But don't even THINK about doing anything with any software earlier than Sonic Stage 4.3 (from our downloads section).

Very likely some other piece of software has inserted itself (Microsoft calls this a "filter") in the CD device stack. Examples are: Roxio, some antivirus, Nero.

My personal first attempt would be to DELETE all traces of the CDROM or DVDROM from the device map. If you are trying to run hosted, eg XP under W7 or bootcamp or slackware or VMWare, then abandon hope and get yourself a copy of EAC which should clean up the whole thing. Unless you want to rip directly to ATRAC, use EAC, import the resulting WAV files and then compress (to AAL) after the fact.

Similarly to OP, you don't tell us your complete configuration - and I don't begin to believe that yours matches his (specified in post #3) in every last detail.

Don't give up, we're here to help.

If it used to work and no longer does, consider the possibility that one of the two lasers on a hybrid (DVD/CD) drive is simply bust, and go out and get a new drive. They're cheap when I last checked.....